BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on problematic aircon ? It just stopped blowing today for the first time ever. All controls appear to work, no dash faults coming up no blower and no cool air !!:mad:

My local dealer (Bath) can't see me for 3 weeks !!!!grrrrrrr

·
Registered
724 Posts
could be final stage unit. Easy and inexpensive repair

If the fan is not working properly, it could be the final stage unit which controls the fan speed. Do a search for more info on this issue. It's common to all E39's

·
Registered
12,393 Posts
I've HEARD that the fan blower resistor pack is a weak link.

Supposedly cheap and mounted behind the glove box.

Maybe search for that term here for more info...

A

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Yep, this is almost definately the final stage resistor pack. It is a small fuse type device above the front passenger well that is a known problem for BMWs. There is a how-to-change it picture essay on a 540 site. There is a link to this on this site - you will find it if you do a search. Apparently you can change it yourself in 15 minutes.

Good luck.

·
Registered
13,012 Posts
KevinM said:
Yep, this is almost definately the final stage resistor pack. It is a small fuse type device above the front passenger well that is a known problem for BMWs. There is a how-to-change it picture essay on a 540 site. There is a link to this on this site - you will find it if you do a search. Apparently you can change it yourself in 15 minutes.

Good luck.
Yes. Price should be under $100.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks,

I have found a dealer (Dick Lovett) who will loo at the car straight away :thumbsup:

Should get sorted before te weekend

1 - 6 of 6 Posts