BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems that Peake Research has closed their doors and finding their R5/SRS tool has become challenging. Does anyone have one they’d sell or possibly rent out? Also, are there any other tools besides GT1/Dealer stuff that i can purchase for under $100 or so. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
830 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
You can bridge the under the hood pin for obd port in the car in order to access to all modules and some scanners have capabilities to reset air bags. I have Autel myself that I use on various german models.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hope this is not thread jacking. But I'm noticing a pattern that my airbag light intermittently turns on with a front passenger. Never solo. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Creator C110 reader can also clear the airbag light. It sells for roughly $20-30.

There's 2 sensors on the passenger seat that tied to the airbag, the seat belt sensor found on the buckle itself (the black round plug on top of the piston) and the mattress sensor (sensor is just under cover but plugs in from the back underneath).

Troubleshoot by disconnecting each separately.

You probably also have the dreaded but inevitable twisted seat problem. Search twisted seat.

Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts