BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Airbag code reset tool

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  josiahg52 
#1 ·
Hello,

I accidentally plugged in the battery while the driver's side impact airbag was unplugged. Though I was doing the correct sequence religiously, I forgot once while swapping the window regulator. :crying:

I was hoping that there was someone in the general Seattle area that has the reset tool and wouldn't mind meeting up with me to reset it? :cheers: BMW of Seattle wants a FULL HOUR to reset the code. Absolutely ridiculous. :grrrr:

If you do, please private message me, or text/call (206) 356-5061

Thanks in advance,

Christian

#2 ·
P.S. I'm willing to buy a case of beer of your choice. :cheers:

#4 ·
That would be amazing! How much would it cost for shipping each way?

#6 ·
I didn't get your PM. o_O ?

I'll PM you my address.

#9 ·
Got your PM. I will ship it tomorrow. You should have it by the end of the week.

#8 ·
I cant recall.....cant this be done through DIS/INPA?

#10 ·
I dropped it off this afternoon and it should arrive on 4 April by the end of the day.

It runs about $15 to send it in a small flat-rate Priority Mail box with $100 in insurance. If someone else needs the tool just PM or email me. All I ask is that you pay for return shipping, the $100 return insurance and that you contact me to confirm the return address prior to shipping it.

I am not always at home with the car as I travel frequently for work but usually I just need one or two days to get it on its way to you.

Reactions: cpatzer
#11 ·
I got the package today. THANK YOU!!!! Took me all of 45 seconds to read the codes (03,05) and reset them. Going to hold onto for 2 days to make sure it doesn't come back on so that if it does I can at least read the codes and figure out what's wrong. I'll send it back either Monday or Tuesday.

Amazing that BMW of Seattle wanted an hour FOR THAT!! :eek7:

I mean, I can see a nominal $20 charge or something, maybe even $40, but an hour (last time I checked that was $180). :dunno:

And again, thank you. :cheers:

#13 ·
No problem. Keep it until your are sure. It's one of those tools that you should (hope to) infrequently need but even if you use it only twice it has probably paid for itself. I bought it to clear my light but mine wouldn't clear because it was due to an airbag control module failure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.