BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it take any special tools to remove the 2 large housings off?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have a 1/4" drive and a 6mm socket so is there a correct procedure where to start etc?

Nevermind, I found a DIY in the M5 section...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a one of the rubber hoses between the throttle body and the air intake manifold that is bent. I want to fix it so that there is no unfiltered air going directly in the engine. So I bought a new replacement hose and a clamp that clamps it to the underside of the intake. The clamp does not have a screw to loosen and tighten it but rather a square raised section in it. Does it take a special tool to remove and replace these clamps?

·
1,743 Posts
I have a one of the rubber hoses between the throttle body and the air intake manifold that is bent. I want to fix it so that there is no unfiltered air going directly in the engine. So I bought a new replacement hose and a clamp that clamps it to the underside of the intake. The clamp does not have a screw to loosen and tighten it but rather a square raised section in it. Does it take a special tool to remove and replace these clamps?
Sounds like you got an oetiker clamp. That's not what's used to secure the manifolds to the throttle bodies. Get the right clamp.

·
Registered
13 Posts
flacoramos, the clamp the holds the rubber hose to the air plenum is an oetiker clamp. The other clamp that holds the rubber hose to the throttle body is a screw type clamp. See diagram on OEM.com in this link to confirm:
www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=NB93-USA-02-2006-E60-BMW-M5&diagId=11_3708#11617835320
Part 3 is the rubber hose. Part 4 is the Oetiker clamp. Part 5 is the screw type clamp.

I figured out the crimper tool so I can tighten the clamp down. I just purchased one on ebay:
www.ebay.com/itm/CV-Joint-Boot-Clamp-Ear-Type-Plier-Installer-For-Fuel-Coolant-Hose-Pipe-Tool/193271869173?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

1 - 10 of 10 Posts