BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently installed a Stage 2 Air Intake from AFE on my 2006 BMW M5. Immediately upon starting the car, two fault codes came up and my mechanic has been unable to troubleshoot. Codes are:

1) 2737/2738 - Filling, plausibility (Banks 1 and 2)
2) 2712/2713 - Air-Mass Sensor, plausibility.

We cleared the codes and when restarting, the car revs erratically for 10 seconds, they popup again and the car goes into "reduced power" mode.

I have cleaned the MAF's and reinstalled and still nothing. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I had the very same problem, and my car isn´t even modded on the intake side. Dealer did a reset and it hasn´t come back since. What can it be?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fixed it!

apparently we had switched the MAF's at installation and that was producing the error codes. re-installed the sensors on the correct intake side and it worked perfectly after code reset....

·
Registered
3 Posts
AFE Stage 2 Cold Air Intake System M5

it seems that you have installed AFE Stage 2 Cold Air Intake System M5 - how is it? Is there any trouble with them? any ore errors?
Is there a 20 HP increase as the manufature claims?

I am interested in buying & installing one on my bmw m5 2006 model - can you advise me

·
Registered
3 Posts
AFE Stage 2 Cold Air Intake System M5

It seems that you have installed AFE Stage 2 Cold Air Intake System M5 - how is it? Is there any trouble with them? any ore errors?
Is there a 20 HP increase as the manufacture claims?

I am interested in buying & installing one on my BMW m5 2006 model - can you advise me
26th October 2010 23:26

1 - 6 of 6 Posts