BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guy's, this is a bit out of order, but due to my handbook not being handy, and lack of patience this question is necessary,
when I tried to have a look at my air filter earlier I couldn't get at the bottom clip beneath the p.s. fluid reservoir. Does the reservoir have to unbolted or what ??
If somebody knows the dimentions of the AF that would be good - is it the same filter as fitted to a e34 525 12v or 24v.

Thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
87 Posts
I recently changed my air filter and could not get to the one near the ps pump. What I did was to disconnect the hose that connects to the back of air flow meter via the metal clamp. Then I loosened the two small bolts on the side by the fender and then worked the air box up. Just thought that I give you my .02 cents.
David

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,273 Posts
Phil
The air box should be removed from the vehicle completely.
It is much easier & takes 5 minutes this way.
The n/s headlight rear plastic shield should be unclipped from the front slam panel (2 plastic screw)
Undo or loosen the 2 M6 nuts locating the air box to the innner wing flitch.
Loosen the spring band clamp from the air box to air intake trunk.
Release the air mass meter fly lead from the air box hsg located on the lower part of the air box hsg.
Now carefully remove the hole hsg taking care to not damage the hot wire mesh of the metering unit that locates into thr air intake trunking, & release all the clips which will allow access to the air filter.

Assembly is the reverse of the above

Regards
Farrell

·
Registered
176 Posts
BURTON said:
Does anyone know if carbon airboxes are made for the E34, like the Gruppe a type ones.
I'm sure there are some, especially in Germany. However, it would probably be a genuine BMW Motorsport part, which would be tons of money, so may not be all it's cracked up to be. Plus then we have the whole debate over the resonance flap and what it means to you...Etc, etc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts