BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Recently had the airbag fault light come up, as the car was in for the MOT i asked the guys to have a look. They cleared the fault and all good. However i then realised that when i move the drivers seat the passenger one moves as well. Could this be the module ? I have fitted a bypass sensor as it was a quick cheap option, but it has not worked. Its driving me insane!!
Many thank's
Malstal

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Hi all,

Recently had the airbag fault light come up, as the car was in for the MOT i asked the guys to have a look. They cleared the fault and all good. However i then realised that when i move the drivers seat the passenger one moves as well. Could this be the module ? I have fitted a bypass sensor as it was a quick cheap option, but it has not worked. Its driving me insane!!
Many thank's
Malstal
If you mean the electric seat buttons on the driver's seat move the passenger's seat, definitely *not* related to the Airbag control module (ACSM). It's been a while, but I believe the KBM module controls seating positions.

First thing to check is error codes, there has to be something stored somewhere.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply, I got the car back a few hours ago and nothing had changed so i took it upon myself to have a look. Long story short, I think where they have taken the plugs out etc to check on has split. They then reinserted the plug back into the Female end but where it had split they have inserted it with the wires around the wrong way. I found this by checking everything 100% undertake drivers side and making sure this was correct the passenger side. Pain in the *** but sorted. Its gone back in now to be reset as it has the by pass switch attached. But the seats move now how they should do etc. Fingers crossed it has worked.

Again thanks for the reply

Malstl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts