BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 12 years of insurance renewals increasing, and only decreasing when I've had to shop around after a crap renewal premium, Liverpool Victoria have just sent me my renewal at £200 cheaper than last year

:happybirt

Do you think it's worth calling them to ask for a bigger discount?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Mmm-Five said:
After 12 years of insurance renewals increasing, and only decreasing when I've had to shop around after a crap renewal premium, Liverpool Victoria have just sent me my renewal at £200 cheaper than last year

:happybirt

Do you think it's worth calling them to ask for a bigger discount?
Yes why not they can only say no :cheers:

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Well Tony she is 10 years old now

will be doing mine in september

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Simonal said:
Yes why not they can only say no :cheers:
Or "Oops, we've sent you the wrong renewal premium, I'll just put the 1 in front of the 7 and that will be fine" hmmm

They must have finally recognised my driving talent :confused3

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve Mac said:
Well Tony she is 10 years old now

will be doing mine in september
She/he/it'll be 11 in July - almost vintage!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I did my usual ring-around - maybe not as extensive as usual though - and couldn't find anyone within £500 of my renewal quote. Even "we guarantee to beat your renewal" Privilege would not quote as I don't have a tracker and if I had a tracker they wouldn't go below £1200 - some guarantee, maybe the ASA or Trading Standards would be interested.

£793.40 it is then!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Mmm-Five said:
Well, I did my usual ring-around - maybe not as extensive as usual though - and couldn't find anyone within £500 of my renewal quote. Even "we guarantee to beat your renewal" Privilege would not quote as I don't have a tracker and if I had a tracker they wouldn't go below £1200 - some guarantee, maybe the ASA or Trading Standards would be interested.

£793.40 it is then!
I got cheaper than that
:cheers:

I found my local broaker to be cheaper than LV, as I did last year.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
plisken said:
I got cheaper than that
:cheers:

I found my local broaker to be cheaper than LV, as I did last year.
Tried a couple of local brokers but they ranged from £1800 to £4000 - erm I don't think so. Two haven't called back after a week, so I'm guessing they calculated the premium and had heart attacks or something.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Mmm-Five said:

£793.40 it is then!
I'm with LV too (last two years) policy runs out in October and I'll be looking for similar value for money from them. Same as you I couldnt get anyone close especially as loads of the insurance cartel wont quote without a tracker and I dont think you need one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts