Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.k...finally got the SS X pipes added on to my E race...here it is:

Pipe arrival

Out with the old

In with the new

A few vids:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FwCUQrQVgPw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FwCUQrQVgPw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QXyKKYW46UE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QXyKKYW46UE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cTSMl7JNz2U&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cTSMl7JNz2U&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Registered
547 Posts
One word SIICK, cant wait to hear it at Wheel Power

·
Registered
302 Posts
heh too funny...thats exactly how mine sounded(actually i think urs is just barely softer than mine was), i had the same setup(eisenmann race + ss xpipe), but also have the ss headers, and loved the sound...however, apparently with the xpipe and cutting out the cats, u will lose power because of a lack of back pressure, so i ended up switching out the x-pipe for the supersprint resonator...couldnt be happier; still an unbelievable sound, but def feels a bit stronger down @ lower speeds...just a thought for u, enjoy the new sound, and fair word of warning...if u havent already done it, when u dyno the car, cover your ears!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
heh too funny...thats exactly how mine sounded(actually i think urs is just barely softer than mine was), i had the same setup(eisenmann race + ss xpipe), but also have the ss headers, and loved the sound...however, apparently with the xpipe and cutting out the cats, u will lose power because of a lack of back pressure, so i ended up switching out the x-pipe for the supersprint resonator...couldnt be happier; still an unbelievable sound, but def feels a bit stronger down @ lower speeds...just a thought for u, enjoy the new sound, and fair word of warning...if u havent already done it, when u dyno the car, cover your ears!
I still have original headers, primary and secondary cats...therefore, will back pressure change from just changing midpipes? In other words, by removing the midpipe resonators, this will change the pressure?
I haven't felt too much difference/change in power...however, a dyno is in order (with earmuffs).

·
Registered
319 Posts
Congrats Plastique! sounds awesome..!!!

Will you be adding headers to your car?

Regards!

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
That's what i call music!!! congrats bro.:thumbsup:...

·
Registered
302 Posts
I still have original headers, primary and secondary cats...therefore, will back pressure change from just changing midpipes? In other words, by removing the midpipe resonators, this will change the pressure?
I haven't felt too much difference/change in power...however, a dyno is in order (with earmuffs).
from what i understand, by keeping both sets of cats, the back pressure thing should not be an issue...i may be wrong, but thats what ive been told by a few people....if u change the headers out for the aftermarkets, that is probably where u will run into this problem. and with just the xpipe/E race, u shouldnt get too much of a gain, but it would be worth dynoing just to see.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Lou, question for you as well...you dyno at 487...what dyno did u use for that...and which mods gave u the biggest jump? my mods are basically the same as yours, except i have supersprint headers and res instead of the evosport, and in addition i have AA stage 2 software, yet last time i dynoed i was way below 487...wondering whether your's was perhaps stronger from the factory or something?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Eddie, that sounds sick bro!! how much louder with x-pipes??

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Eddie, that sounds sick bro!! how much louder with x-pipes??
Thanks man!!
Well, I would say that the sound is definitely deeper, louder, and more of a growl...just meaner!

If you compare side by side with my previous vid...you can hear the difference where E race alone is a bit crisper and higher pitched...

·
Registered
991 Posts
Damn thats loud!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
That sounds awesome. My neighbors would pitch-fork me like a shot-down B-17 Bomber pilot from WWII if I drove that through the neighborhood!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, I have had some complaints by neighbors...and the :icon_police:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Well the Monster has been spotted molesting South Cali

Yes, I have had some complaints by neighbors...and the :icon_police:
LOL.. Plastique, you crack me up. Was great seeing a few weeks ago. Will be uploading some awesome photoshoots of mine from this weekend... but I figured I would show everyone what your "MONSTER" has been doing in Southern Cali. here it is on YouTube--Judge for yourself!! :biggrinbounce:

The Monster Stumps in Southern Cali

I love your car...wicked...and yes, you will know when the Emperor has arrived for sure. Did you see all the panties DROP in this shopping mall? :M5launch:
All around so nice! Cheers fella :cheers:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for posting this!!!...hahah
Yes always good to meet with a fellow M addict from coast to coast...

As an update....I have had my HOA president complain to me about my exhaust....pulled over by the cops (but got out of it by telling them what I do...I know cheap, but worth saving a ticket)
Guess this is the price for having a loud exhaust setup...still love it!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts