BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some more track videos from Friday's Sprint Event at the BIC!

Harrassing a Lambo Roadster, I don't blame the guy for being extra careful. What a gorgeous machine.
But that thing spits out debris like a snow plower!

Here we have member MPower77's debut track appearance! No video will do justice to the way this monster sounds! OMG!
Awesome beast. And hopefully he will grace us at the track more often from now on!

I just wanted to follow this guy and give him the thumbs up for having the cleanest stock 996 Turbo I have ever seen. But the way he was driving made me think twice! I didn't think it would be a good idea to distract him.... considering!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Awesome driving Ahmed, thanks for posting these nice videos:flag:

You're driving your M5 how it should be driven, on a race track:goldcup:

Reactions: Ahmed

·
Registered
759 Posts
Thanks Ahmed great videos

guys any idea why i had black smoke buff on 0:50 ? i think i'm running too rich ..

CA automotive any thoughts ?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Nice vides!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I enjoy watching your vids.. Keep'em coming.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Nice videos Ahmed , thanks for sharing BTW any videos for Gulf run 6 ??

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
More videos!

A very very quick Evo!

Following a friend's Challenge Stradale!

Following a 16 year old in a Scudi!

Last couple of laps to go, thought I would push it a little, bad idea!

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd hit it! :wroom:

I didn't really hit it there, but work in progress! :tonquesmilie:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Ahmed,
When I see you started a new post, I can always be sure it’s awesome & informative/educational/entertaining even before I click on it. Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Thanks for posting all the great trackday videos! You showed us how to drive an M properly :) By the way, how are your Stoptechs holding up during the track session?? I'm not completely satisfy with my brembo setup, it doesn't give a good progressive pedal feel, it feels like an on/off switch.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Has the car been into a dealer / had any work done or displaying any fault codes ?
Hi there, yes the car was in dealer after this video was taken it was due for the 3 years vehicle check where they check the car bumper to bumper and i made sure they don't do any programming for the car. and the dealer told me no fault codes with the car. it only needed spark plugs change and oil top off that's it !

could it be because of the spark plugs? honestly i feel the car more responsive after taking it back from dealer and i cant tell if i still get black smoke buff while me driving! looks like i will book the dyno and see the AFR numbers. Thanks

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Thanks for posting all the great trackday videos! You showed us how to drive an M properly :) By the way, how are your Stoptechs holding up during the track session?? I'm not completely satisfy with my brembo setup, it doesn't give a good progressive pedal feel, it feels like an on/off switch.
Any brake system, including the stock one, will withstand without problem much, much, much more aggressive use than seen on these videos. (I really wish our friends in Bahrain had access to the wealth of great instruction to which we have access in the US.) It sounds like you are describing the firmer brake pedal feel that is common with aftermarket brake kits. These kits typically decrease pedal travel to achieve more immediate brake application, but modulation can take some getting used to.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hi there, yes the car was in dealer after this video was taken it was due for the 3 years vehicle check where they check the car bumper to bumper and i made sure they don't do any programming for the car. and the dealer told me no fault codes with the car. it only needed spark plugs change and oil top off that's it !

could it be because of the spark plugs? honestly i feel the car more responsive after taking it back from dealer and i cant tell if i still get black smoke buff while me driving! looks like i will book the dyno and see the AFR numbers. Thanks
Hi M-POWER,

With the car being at the dealer and them telling you there is no fault codes it means they have read your ecu. I just hope they havent done a factory re-set. Getting the car on a dyno to check the AFR readings is a very good idear tho. Im a little confused that you think it might be the map, because surely it would of done this a long time ago soon after the map was installed ?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hi M-POWER,

With the car being at the dealer and them telling you there is no fault codes it means they have read your ecu. I just hope they havent done a factory re-set. Getting the car on a dyno to check the AFR readings is a very good idear tho. Im a little confused that you think it might be the map, because surely it would of done this a long time ago soon after the map was installed ?
Thanks Roy, i will put her on the dyno this Saturday and shall PM you the graph.

i don't think they reset the ECU because i was loud and clear and had a note written in the car not to reset/upgrade the ecu.

im not accusing the map. in fact i'm not sure whats the problem yet.

as you remember i was not able to put her on the dyno after the ECU tune since my tire got blown on the pre tune dyno. i just want to see my AFR and if it's too rich maybe you could help. Thanks ...Abdullah

1 - 20 of 22 Posts