BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove the 9005 high beam bulb??? Do i twist the entire bulb 90 deg counter clock wise... or just the yellow-translucent retaining ring? If any one knows a trick to make this easy... please share! :byebye:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Twist the entire assembly counter-clockwise. There's a retaining "clip" on the holder - pry it up with your finger and pull the bulb out - it's easy. Remember never to touch the glass of a halogen bulb as your skin oils will cause it to fail prematurely.

·
Registered
552 Posts
i guess since we are on the light subject, i might as well ask my question to any one who can answer it... i recently got the 2000 m5 and when i turned on the head lights they were blue xenon's... i was really shocked... i wasn't expecting those type of lights... are those standard for the m5?...

also... can any one recommend to me where i can buy good fog light bulbs?... the standard ones i have are fine but im im looking for something more in the blueish family... thanks...

B

·
0 Posts
Petey Pop said:
i guess since we are on the light subject, i might as well ask my question to any one who can answer it... i recently got the 2000 m5 and when i turned on the head lights they were blue xenon's... i was really shocked... i wasn't expecting those type of lights... are those standard for the m5?...

also... can any one recommend to me where i can buy good fog light bulbs?... the standard ones i have are fine but im im looking for something more in the blueish family... thanks...
We have some great ones called Xenesis: www.beastpower.com.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Not sure about your headlights and why they are blue-tinged. I do not believe any BMW came with blue tinged headlights...ie. Lights on road or wall should appear white-yellow...not blue. From afar they do look slightly blue-white however.

As far as fogs, check out supremepowerparts.com...they have 80W precision optics that match the headlights almost exactly, and they have an excellent warranty. Best of luck.

·
Registered
552 Posts
BeastPower said:
We have some great ones called Xenesis: www.beastpower.com.

Cheers, Daniel.
-Thanks Daniel... i checked those out already and they are really really nice but im looking for something in the blue family... not white because i want to match the head lights...

sdvm said:
Not sure about your headlights and why they are blue-tinged. I do not believe any BMW came with blue tinged headlights...ie. Lights on road or wall should appear white-yellow...not blue. From afar they do look slightly blue-white however.
-i do not understand either... when i turned on the car and hit the head lights i was totally amazed... i will try to take pics and post them up as soon as possible... may be you guys can notice something that i don't...

B

·
0 Posts
Petey Pop said:
-Thanks Daniel... i checked those out already and they are really really nice but im looking for something in the blue family... not white because i want to match the head lights...
It is pretty difficult to get them to be blue. Most of our customers are looking for something that matches their low-beam xenons. The Xenesis that we sell are the closest match available, without spending big-bucks on actual xenons with new balasts. I am curious to see what solution you manage to locate.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Petey

im trying to understand something..your xenon lights are blue (meaning that you have D2S Uniton 6000K bulbs) and you are looking for something to match those?

If that is correct you might want to check out www.hoen-usa.com

they have a new set of xenon match VI bulbs that will match the 6000K scale of the D2s bulbs.

If you do not have the blue/purple low beams, and you have regular xenon bulbs but you would like to match up the glass color..

I have used nokya artic white pro halogen bulbs in my m5's high beams and fog lights. They tinge the housings a blue coloration and produce a slightly bluer light with an increase in wattage and more importantly, lumens.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BKH said:
Twist the entire assembly counter-clockwise. There's a retaining "clip" on the holder - pry it up with your finger and pull the bulb out - it's easy. Remember never to touch the glass of a halogen bulb as your skin oils will cause it to fail prematurely.
Thanks for the Tip!! Took less than 1 minute to swap out the bulbs!! :cheers:

·
Registered
53 Posts
CarbonBeast said:
Thanks for the Tip!! Took less than 1 minute to swap out the bulbs!! :cheers:
how did u remove the moulding surrounding the actual foglight? owners manual shows a diagram sliding back a portion to reveal a screw to remove the black moulding - this doen't appear to be an option on my 2000 M5??? thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
BKH said:
Hi BKH - can u help with this question? Haven't had any luck getting a response from originator of this thread.

how do u remove the moulding surrounding the actual foglight? owners manual shows a diagram sliding back a portion to reveal a screw to remove the black moulding - this doen't appear to be an option on my 2000 M5??? thanks.

JAM.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
JAM M5 said:
how do u remove the moulding surrounding the actual foglight?
I can find enough friction to pull off the black cover by pressing my fingers flat against the portion nearest the foglight and giving a sharp tug outward, relying on the pressure of my fingers soley, with no prying necessary to loosen the cover.

·
Registered
53 Posts
BKH said:
I can find enough friction to pull off the black cover by pressing my fingers flat against the portion nearest the foglight and giving a sharp tug outward, relying on the pressure of my fingers soley, with no prying necessary to loosen the cover.
thanks. appreciate your input.

JAM.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts