BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Aggressive stance/wheel fitment on E60

28K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Ahmed 
#1 ·
Hello all!

I'm new here and currently drive an E46 M3 but I'm planning to make a move to E60 M5 later on this year. I've been browsing through literally hundreds of wheel and suspension pictures on this forum and have come across lots of great setups here. However, I'm a fan of aggressively stanced wheel/suspension setups (low ride height, low offsets) and it seems that the E60 crowd doesn't go nearly as aggressive as some of the guys over in the E46 world. Are the super aggressive setups simply not possible on the E60 M5? Are are you guys simply not fans of it? If the latter is the case, then I certainly have plans to push the envelope once I make the jump. If I'm wrong and just haven't found pictures of stanced out M5s then please, by all means, POST UP!.

This is what I'm talking about:

The above is obviously pretty extreme, and I'm not a fan of stretched tires, but just to give an idea of what I'm talking about.

Peter

See less See more
#4 ·
#5 ·
I don't think my car is nearly as aggressive as you're looking to go but here's some pictures:

Note the rear was rubbing pretty bad with the offset I ran in the pictures but that's because I did not roll the fenders. I've brought it back in (less aggressive) in the rear since those pictures were taken.
Looks awesome! Thank you for posting! So you had rubbing issues with this setup huh? Can the camber in the rear not be dialled further in?

#6 ·
Well I believe rear spec is somewhere between -1.0 to -2.0. I was running -2.8 in the pictures above and it was still rubbing. But I didn't try all the possibilities as I wasn't going after the aggressive look.

#14 ·
Wow I can't believe how wrapped some of those tires are on those rims...that's gotta absolutely destroy ride comfort and performance when the sidewalls are stretched like that.

I think there are two reasons we don't really see that kind of look on M5's. First, it's a sedan, so it's hard to pull off the hardcore performance look like that without coming off as distasteful, and lastly it's hard to do that at all without rubbing.

#15 ·
it seems as if the owners here dont care much for , negative camber, stretched tires , and offset.

everyone wants the most tire for the wheel, ending up with higher offset. and if you notice either in classifieds or when someone post up new wheels, no one knows what their offsets are. they just go by what the retailer is telling them what they should run.

#16 ·
Honestly, I think M5 and M3 owners are differnet type, meaning a majority of M5 owners are not going to roll "slammed" with huge rims. M3 owners like the exampled pictures, are a younger group where looks may have a slight priority over function. I was into that slammed looked back in 02 when I had my e46 M3. With that being said, you wont have a lot of examples for what your looking for. Same thing between the C63 and E63 crowd.

#19 ·
To each their own. IMO I don't think it looks good. The tire is clearly too small for the wheel. However, this is what makes USA a great country, you are free to do whatever you want as long as you got the cash (and it's not against the law). The most important thing is that whatever mods we do, that we are happy with it, not what others think (until it comes to selling the car then it matters what other think).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.