BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hi

Earlier speculations, on another forum, was that it was filmed around early october.
I would stick my neck out and say neither. Henrik H who took the photo says the car was blue even though it looks white in the pictures, the other one looks more matte white than the one filmed..

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yep, i watched the other photos and this car is in fact the light blue one shipped to Shanghai the other day. Henriks timeline for the photos must be wrong. My guess is that the photos are from around 30/3 2013..

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yes, i was about to ask you why you thought July? The making of the Zijin-Agera was in its final phase and we all know that car was delivered in januari 2013.. At the time we speculated there was other things as well placing the date to around october, give or take a few weeks..

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
After checking a picture I think this is an unexpected number!? That means numbers not put on in the order cars was produced at the factory? Anyone else who sees another number than 6 in the end of the VIN?

* In this video we see BLT before "Zijin" at the production line.
* From the first season of Drive we know that the Green tinted was made next after "Zijin".
* From the early 2013 speed hunters factory visit we know next car is White "twin", then the Light Blue "twin" followed by matte cobalt blue verified #098.
And yet!

Is this a customization of #085? That's the only thing that makes "some" sense to me.. that would make #094 an "empty" spot, Zijin 95, and the green 96? That could also explain the thin timeline for #085 lately. In Drive White panels is at painting (station 3), that's a bit unexpected if it's going to be put together after the green (station 6)? Delayed by "hard to paint" cars (BLT, Zijin and Green tinted)?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Can we try to find recent dated pictures of this car?
There is two at Flickr dated November 21, 2012 (the later dated picture don't have correct exif). The spot at Exoticspotter is from December 27, 2012. But Exotic spotter is not very reliable, and the car could still be at the factory at the time for the speed hunters visit January 31, 2013 (if it was just new parts for it being painted in the Drive series). Would be nice if we could verify the date from exotic spotter or a later spot.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Can we try to find recent dated pictures of this car?
There is two at Flickr dated November 21, 2012 (the later dated picture don't have correct exif). The spot at Exoticspotter is from December 27, 2012. But Exotic spotter is not very reliable, and the car could still be at the factory at the time for the speed hunters visit January 31, 2013 (if it was just new parts for it being painted in the Drive series). Would be nice if we could verify the date from exotic spotter or a later spot.
Send a message to whoever spotted it and ask if they can recall the date they spotted the car?

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
Is this a customization of #085?
I would doubt it; to me it would be more likely this is car #095? Remember the Hundra was pushed forward to get to Geneva, could be the whole order of chassis on the line was all out of whack. We take for granted the cars are on the line in order but that's clearly not always the case.

Numbers 91 through 96 are all based on guesses, and while they are probably pretty close in most cases we must remember we still don't have confirmation on any of them.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would doubt it; to me it would be more likely this is car #095? Remember the Hundra was pushed forward to get to Geneva, could be the whole order of chassis on the line was all out of whack. We take for granted the cars are on the line in order but that's clearly not always the case.

Numbers 91 through 96 are all based on guesses, and while they are probably pretty close in most cases we must remember we still don't have confirmation on any of them.
91 was labeled 7091 at the factory, at the (for some time) usual place at the dashboard. #092 Artico should be conformed.. But yes the rest of them are assumptions/guesses from what order they where assembled. Could be some Chinese customer who wanted to avoid the "sensitive" number 94 for example (that would be customer of "Zijin"), and picked for example 96 instead "forcing" the white twin to become another number than we/I expected? Obviously we have to find some more VINs in this "area" to be sure.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts