BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 142 Posts

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
You beat me to it, Will! A little birdie told me today that the car was now happily registered here in the U.S. A long road for sure, but glad to finally have it with us!

·
Registered
376 Posts
You beat me to it, Will! A little birdie told me today that the car was now happily registered here in the U.S. A long road for sure, but glad to finally have it with us!
Guy on Instagram confirmed photo was taken in SoCal.

Its very relieving to see an Agera actually registered in the US, confirming they are legal. Interesting to see who the dealer(s) will be if its not Emporio.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
It's going to be a hard struggle! Who is going to see the HH first? Matt seemed to have the edge, but Will has the overhand now! Who is it going to be!??! :^)

·
Registered
376 Posts
It's going to be a hard struggle! Who is going to see the HH first? Matt seemed to have the edge, but Will has the overhand now! Who is it going to be!??! :^)
If I get word the car will be in a certain place at a certain time I may have to make the 5 hour trip to see it.

That said, I talked to the guy who spotted it and he said it has Illinois plates, so maybe it'll spend time there too. That or he will keep it in California, the 70 degree weather here is a lot nicer than the 0 in Chicago lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Much easier to get Illinois plates than California ones.

Here's the photo:

Taken in Woodland Hills, California at the intersection of Topanga Cyn Blvd and Burbank Blvd. I saw the owner in his McLaren 12C (also Metallic Blue) about a mile from here so I would suspect he lives locally.

>8^)
ER

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
That said, I talked to the guy who spotted it and he said it has Illinois plates, so maybe it'll spend time there too. That or he will keep it in California, the 70 degree weather here is a lot nicer than the 0 in Chicago lol.
It has been pretty brutal here, below zero each of the last four mornings, -14 on Monday. But I'm sure the folks in Alaska are laughing their asses off at us! The media is making such a big deal of the below zero temps. Alaskans spend their entire winter in that realm!

Anyway, I'm hoping the car spends some time here when it's warmer, in the hopes I might snag a sighting!

Much easier to get Illinois plates than California ones.
Very true. I'm told that CARB approval is expected soon, but my guess is the owner simply didn't want to wait!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here's another image that showed up on IG today and then was deleted. This is the car in Los Angeles at a storage company called Auto Concierge where some believe it to be staying at the moment.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
7 Posts
Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I seem to recall Janus suggesting they only had a limited number of chassis that were built within a period that would allow them to wave certain US Federal Requirements. If that is still accurate it is going to limit any buying spree here in North America.

Here's another image - sorry about the watermark, but this guy sells his photos and only releases proofs like this.

One more from him:

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I seem to recall Janus suggesting they only had a limited number of chassis that were built within a period that would allow them to wave certain US Federal Requirements. If that is still accurate it is going to limit any buying spree here in North America.
Koenigsegg had as you may know, an exemption for the CCX for smart airbags among other stuff for 14 cars made between 2008-2012. 12 CCX/Rs was sold to the states, meaning that the exemption had space for an additional 2 cars. #092 and #099 is MY2012 meaning that they were able to go under the CCX exemption.
This would mean that there will be no more Agera in the states other than #099 since #092 was never delivered and is now a RHD car.

However i'm not so sure.. I was told by an official that the Agera is U.S compliant, and Koenigsegg are currently setting up new dealerships in the states, Emporio Motors for instance that were responsible for #099. If you ask me, there is no point in setting up new dealerships if no more cars would be able to enter the country..

Time will tell I guess, hopefully more cars will be in the states, would be great business for Koenigsegg!

81 - 100 of 142 Posts