BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Dont know if this has been mentioned before but look at the mirrors? Those are the old CCX type mirrors and not the new for the Agera?! Maybe, or obviously, their optional still?

Weird since the new ones looks sooo much better..

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)
Dont know if this has been mentioned before but look at the mirrors? Those are the old CCX type mirrors and not the new for the Agera?! Maybe, or obviously, their optional still?

Weird since the new ones looks sooo much better..
Didn't notice that, but you are right. Probably because Agera mirrors aren't made to be US approved?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Probably because Agera mirrors aren't made to be us approved?
Could be.. But i dont see why? On the other hand there is much i dont understand about us regulations..

Arent USA the country which demanded the now famous "objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer then they are"-stickers on the mirror glas?

Haha.. talk about Government not having faith in their citizens intelligence..

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
It's not just that text, It's all in standard No 111, field of view (convex mirror), mounting and things like that. Ask Elon Musk (Tesla Motors) how he likes this kind of strict standards :^)

·
Registered
344 Posts
It's not just that text, It's all in standard No 111, field of view (convex mirror), mounting and things like that. Ask Elon Musk (Tesla Motors) how he likes this kind of strict standards :^)
After reading that 111 i kinda understand why you simply use the old ones. Sounds lika alot of testing before the rear view mirrors are up to US standard.

But lets keep focus, Im so glad it now feels like Koengsegg are on their way to get US approval!
Would be great if Jens could comment on this here on this forum?! Anybody knows him? Lars?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Nice to see that it's finally hit U.S soil :)

Also noticed what we kinda knew, still i think this is the first time it could actually be noticed

Agera (S) HH!!

Speaking of the mirrors, seems like #092 actually had the Agera mirrors, so i guess they were going to make them legal but skipped it in the end. Minor detail nobody except hardcore fans will notice anyway..

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
In my opinion Mr. Musk is an arrogant jerk who seems to think he is above a lot of things, and that he shouldn't have to play by a lot of the same rules that every other automaker must play by. He has built his company at the expense of the U.S. taxpayer and is only making a profit due to regulatory nonsense of selling nothing ("green credits") for millions of dollars. For all the hype of Tesla revolutionizing the industry his product remains out of touch of the average person, selling as it does typically for six figures. Yet the Tesla faithful continue to mess all over themselves and treat Mr. Musk as if he were the second coming of the Messiah, and in their eyes every other car company is producing worthless products and only Mr. Musk gets it.

I've been watching the burgeoning electric car market with much interest as it is truly fascinating. I have a login on Teslamotorsclub.com that I maintained to keep a finger on the pulse there, but have not used it in many months as the membership are by and large fanboys of the worst order, such as I have not encountered anywhere. I have no problem with electric cars but to spend a few minutes there and read the comments of the members, in particular about any product which is not a Tesla, is very nearly sickening.

Having said that the Model S is a very nice product and by all accounts everything he promised it to be, except of course selling for anywhere near what he promised it would.

[end/rant] :S

Anyway... I had not noticed this about the mirrors. The Agera mirror appears very nearly the same as the CCX mirror. As I've mentioned before, U.S. regulations are a nightmare to deal with so I guess they've done what they needed to do.

It really does bring to my mind the spindly, graceful mirror of the Huayra. Surely Pagani have ensured that this creation achieves compliance with current U.S. regulations? :blink:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)
Some more pictures from THE spott.. not the best quality, but for the record and the starved ones :^) Highland Park? (/ O'Hare airport?), Chicago.

First picture link for ppl wo facebook, last picture link for ppl w fb.. and link to GTspirit repost, just for the comments ..

Edit: changed location

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #79 (Edited)
.. About Elon Musk, I don't know much about him. But I know he had the idea if making the rear view mirrors obsolete. The mirrors are reported to increase drag with 3-6%, not small numbers if you are making an electric car where everything counts in extra weight of batteries and/or shorter range. Added drag isn't a good thing for a car that wants to be the fastest either .. Replacing the mirrors with cameras wasn't possible because of the US standards .. I don't know about Europe, but for example the 261 MPG VW XL1 seems to have only cameras and should pass homologation in Europe..

·
Registered
376 Posts
Saw a photo on Instagram (on my phone, cant post it) of the car driving in what kinda looks like California (where I believe our suspected owner has a house...) and even better the car has plates on it already. I'll post it as soon as I can. Looks spectacular with the top down.

61 - 80 of 142 Posts