BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 142 Posts

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
Shmee150 is doing a delivery job for Koenigsegg right now, driving #009 from Supervettura to the factory in Ängelholm.
Iv'e talked to Tim in a couple of e-mails and if he is allowed to, he will get the VIN of #7099 for us if its still at the factory :)
What we need is someone to go to Rudskogen! I think I saw a Facebook post yesterday that there would be an Edition there? Might end the mystery on #058/061 once and for all!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Man, what is taking so long for them to deliever? I don't really understand why they would sell a car to a US customer if they weren't 100% sure it would be legal, especially after the whole BC Artico drama. It has been completed and in testing since June now?

And on a side note, is Webster123 from Lambopower the expected owner?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yep it's Webster!
I'm not a member there, but if anyone here is maybe shoot him a PM and ask what the situation is? Unless he'd rather not share...I know he didnt do a build thread for the Agera S like he did with his Zonda HH because something important got leaked or whatever, but maybe he will give us a little hint?

Edit: Signed up and sent him a PM....we'll see if I get a response...

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Latest picture, from September 21.

.. and at Instagram. Notice the borrowed(?) rear bonnet and the interior blue parts seems to be another (darker blue) color than on the "first" picture. A source indicates delivery very soon, but I've heard that rumor before.. Let's hope it has Koenigsegg exceptions and nothing "borrowed" from a Bugatti or something else to make it US legal :)

Edit: Correct date added.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Interior color certainly looks different. Maybe the owner decided to change it up a bit? Rear bonnet is weird though, I don't see that as a styling option... Car is certainly a mystery, hopefully its delivered to US soon.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Car is certainly a mystery, hopefully its delivered to US soon.
Certainly hope it gets delivered soon as well...In case it doesn't,I'm afraid Koenigsegg might be in for yet another public feud,given the customer's "alleged" involvement in an automotive forum(although I'm not sure if he will handle it as bluntly&loudly as BC did)

·
Registered
376 Posts
God Koenigsegg really doesn't need another US customer problem.... I don't see what the hold up is. Also, note in the photo the rear has no spoiler...weird... But the photo being a year old doesnt make sense either...they only built the car in like May/June right?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Let's hear some speculation about the rear bonnet? ;-) From witch car is it borrowed? Obviously not *101 and not *103 either.. Claear carbon with a silver stripe? Rear lights (station 5-6?), but no rear wing yet (one of the last things put on).

·
Registered
344 Posts
My best guess is that something happend to the rear bonnet during testing. Could be what caused the delay? The thing that doesnt support that theory is that why would they choose to test with parts from a brand new car and not some old bonnet?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hmm... The idea of the car getting maybe rear-ended or something like that is interesting...they may be using the rear from the clear carbon #104 just to finish testing while they paint a new one? I'm not sure how long this car can be in testing though, its been sooooo long.

Maybe they don't have a ton of spare parts lying around...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I don't why they changed the rear bonnet, but i'm pretty sure its not been rear ended :)
It could be a scratch or something that needed to be fixed before delivery

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
US legalisation was probally not finished when the car was wich is probally why they decided to pull out of Pebble Beach this year and why the car has still not been delivered. Koenigsegg learnt a lesson from the last US car i guess.
This is the first time we have seen the car with another rear bonnet.

21 - 40 of 142 Posts