1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some "old" (late march?) pictures of 7099
LHD

Monterey Blue

Photo "tygert", but I'm sure there are other (higher quality) pictures with extra info on this car.. .. anyone? ;-)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
April

Some more old photos, from April this time.. I was thinking this one was for Pebble. But Pebble and Quail is removed from Koenigseggs "Events 2013", maybe a car that couldn't catch the train?

Photo Josh Cartu.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
May picture. Nice and simple combo, carbon and blue. Looks great!.. and in the background #077
being prepared for "Hollywood". Picture from here.

·
Registered
125 Posts
What I do not get is that the Aircore wheels were already on (see picture from July 19th). Now, however, the temporary test wheels are back on...

How come? Besides, they have been driving this car around for more than 1.5 months now - why the hell is it taking this long?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
What I do not get is that the Aircore wheels were already on (see picture from July 19th). Now, however, the temporary test wheels are back on...

How come? Besides, they have been driving this car around for more than 1.5 months now - why the hell is it taking this long?
The picture might not be from the date posted? Last minute changes? Summer vacations delaying it? I think just the pre delivery car detailing and inspection takes for ever. They probably don't want another "failure" at the American market, showing another forced, not yet totally finished car to a customer.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Hopefully its delivered soon, cant wait to see some pictures of it without all the masking.
Hopefully someone does a factoryvisit soon so we can see what the productionline now looks like, i know youtuber DoctaM3 had a testdrive booked for late August.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Last known picture of it is from testing 21st of August when they did a shoot for Super Speeders 7 and for Drive. I was hoping to see pictures from someone who was supposed to visit the factory last week, but the trip was cancelled the day before due to #7077 having a broken clutch. He should be visiting the factory pretty soon again however, so if #7099 is still there we will know.
#101 is probally finished withing a month or so, and a new egg is supposed to be unveiled at the Gran Turismo Expo 8th November in Stockholm.

It's possible that Koenigsegg still could have problems with U.S legislation, wich would explain why it hasn't been delivered yet. Seems like it was finished 2 months ago?

From 21st of August

This picture shows #7099 without the front bumper masked aswell as with the roof off. I think the customer might have gone to the factory and test drove his car? Otherwise i don't think they would have removed the masking of the front bumper aswell as driving without the roof if they were doing testing on the car.

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
It's possible that Koenigsegg still could have problems with U.S legislation, wich would explain why it hasn't been delivered yet. Seems like it was finished 2 months ago?
I think the U.S. certification has been a major headache. Certainly no one expected it to take this long. It takes a tremendous amount of resources (relatively) for a company like Koenigsegg. I just checked the usual government sites earlier today and there is still nothing shown. But then again, Koenigsegg's certification for MY2008 did not show up on the site until early this year. I'm not kidding.

For comparison's sake, nothing has shown up for Pagani yet either, even though they first debuted the Huayra here over a year ago. So it appears they have not had a much easier go. But for what it's worth the first U.S.-spec Huayra just recently shown does in fact carry a MY2013 VIN.

I would expect it to be finalized soon (likely same with Pagani). I'm sure no one wants to be done walking that gauntlet more than Koenigsegg does!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Weren't DoctaM3 and Schmee150 both going to Koenigsegg like this week? Hopefully they fix #77 soon....maybe the clutch failed because it couldn't handle 1400hp and god knows how much torque (One:1 testing?) :D
Probably not though :(

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Shmee150 is doing a delivery job for Koenigsegg right now, driving #009 from Supervettura to the factory in Ängelholm.
Iv'e talked to Tim in a couple of e-mails and if he is allowed to, he will get the VIN of #7099 for us if its still at the factory :)

1 - 20 of 142 Posts