BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have the CIC, looks and feels much better than my old CCC on a E70 I used to have. I find the screen resolution still acceptable and the graphics don't look outdated at all.

·
Registered
424 Posts
yeah, looks like '09s have CCC, that is a damn shame, I figured with the updated idrive controller that automatically indicated the updated idrive. That seems kinda pointless. I feel much better paying a bit more for the '10 now. I looked at my notes from the other forums when I was looking at conversion to CIC and I they mentioned that 09 had CIC, but perhaps that is production year vs model year. I had '09s are quite rare in the used market to begin with. It seems the bulk of the LCI cars are '08s, I see far more '10s than '09s. CIC really does make the car much more likeable from a comfort/usability/features stand point. The DVD based navigation in CCC is slow and noisy. CIC's hard drive based setup is MUCH quicker and you can also add a module and some coding and have live TV. Also it appears that CCC is already 2nd gen, and CIC is 3rd gen. There is lots of info out there on other forums, so best to look there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That V10 does sound fantastic. But so does my E46 M Roadster and Coupe. My thoughts are who did a V10 other than the Audi/Lambo cars. I don't know what a V10 R8 is like. I've never been a believer in the Audi family remembering back to the 80's 5000 series of cars. Nightmare. Hindsight. I may regret going down the BMW V10 trail, but it is calling me.
I own a 2007 E64 convertible Indianapolis rot metallic . 102k miles. SMG pump went out at 71k. Replaced the hydraulic pump not the entire kit. I recently did alot of preventive maintenance. Replaced the rod bearings, both throttle bodies, vanos, rotors brakes, tune up. Me myself. I would definitely go with the lower milage. From my experience alot of the parts I mentioned tend to go out at different mileage.
I was going to upgrade to a 2018 M6. Twin turbos V8 vs naturally aspirated V10? IMO the V8 does not have the same exhilarating driving experience.
My advice is. If you stay on top of service, stay away from cheap fuel, and do the preventive maintenance on parts going by known average failures ( in miles ). Your beast will run like a champ.
For now I'm decided on putting my money to power/ performance mods. Rather than getting into another car payment.
But a 2019 ZR1 does sound nice after watching the youtube video of a 2019 ZR1 top speed run at the Nuremberg.
Keep in mind. That beast will break 200 mph .( limiter removed ). Power mods are very expensive for these cars if you like HP. So if you are, do some research so you can have an idea of dollars invested to horsepower gained.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts