BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd pimp a board sponsor. The wife just went to a local $tealership (rhymes with...ok, what the hell rhymes with "Brecht"?:confused:) to get some warrenty stuff done on her E-90. She needs tires, and they quoted her $1800 (we're talking run-flats), "and that includes *4* wheel balancing, which AGA doesn't do, *and* we fill them with Nitrogen!" AGA of course does 4-wheel balancing, and they quoted her $1400 (without knowing Brecht's offer). Not sure if I'll shop that or not, but since I need new Toyo RA1's I'll probably throw them all the business.

Anyway, I never had a problem with Brecht before, but I HATE it when people flat-out lie.:grrrrr:

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
JD, I can highly recommend Tire Rack. I have only used them myself recently, but I used them twice ... and, my Son (in Berkeley), at my suggestion, used them once.

In his case, THEY chose a tire mounter that THEY had already approved. They shipped the tires to the mounter and when they arrived he was called by the mounter and went in to have them mounted (he has a Z4 and would have had to make multiple trips if they had been shipped to him). They used the Hunter 9700 Road force balancer and he was delighted with their work (as in, NO SCRATCHED RIMS).

In my case, I ordered 2 tires each for my Wife Mini and my M5 (they only had 7 left so I ordered them a little early). I had them shipped to me (I will take the M5 rims ... off of the car ... to them when they are mounted). I carried my Wife tires to the one of the places they listed on their web site. (Here's how anal I am ... I drove by a few of the places they approved, but selected one I was more comfortable with ... family owned.) Had them mounted and was totally happy.

They told me I would be needing 2 more soon, so I went home and ordered 2 more. All I had to do was give them my name ... the knew the tires I had ordered two weeks earlier and shipped two more identical tires.

Couldn't be any happier with anybody. Like tire shopping should be (I have used Cosco as well, and way back when did my own ... including balancing.)

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
JD,
Order the tyres off tirerack, have them shipped to AGA for mount and balance (You don't need nitrogen) Runflats on tire rack range from 218 ea to 290ea. Shipping is typically $50.

PS,
You should be mad at the $tealer for the high price on tires, they are always high!

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JD,
Order the tyres off tirerack, have them shipped to AGA for mount and balance (You don't need nitrogen) Runflats on tire rack range from 218 ea to 290ea. Shipping is typically $50.

PS,
You should be mad at the $tealer for the high price on tires, they are always high!
>>>
No, I'm not mad about the high price. I *expect* that. I'm mad because they LIED about AGA. And yeah, I know nitrogen is a scam.

So, no group-buys on RA1's?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
RA1's are awesome !!

and ive my rear T1R's mounted by AGA

they do excellent job

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
4 wheel balancing? do you have coilovers? mount and balance will run you about $30-$40... are tire specific? what tires were you quoted for? search the e90 forums they are dumping their run flat tires in there you might get lucky and pickup a set for dirt cheap...
Just thought I'd pimp a board sponsor. The wife just went to a local $tealership (rhymes with...ok, what the hell rhymes with "Brecht"?:confused:) to get some warrenty stuff done on her E-90. She needs tires, and they quoted her $1800 (we're talking run-flats), "and that includes *4* wheel balancing, which AGA doesn't do, *and* we fill them with Nitrogen!" AGA of course does 4-wheel balancing, and they quoted her $1400 (without knowing Brecht's offer). Not sure if I'll shop that or not, but since I need new Toyo RA1's I'll probably throw them all the business.

Anyway, I never had a problem with Brecht before, but I HATE it when people flat-out lie.:grrrrr:

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
4 wheel balancing? do you have coilovers? mount and balance will run you about $30-$40... are tire specific? what tires were you quoted for? search the e90 forums they are dumping their run flat tires in there you might get lucky and pickup a set for dirt cheap...
<<<

I've thought about going to a different tire for her. The ride's not bad though, they lasted 20kmi, and it's nice to have that little security blanket. I'd hate to wade back into that E-90 forum again though. I can guarentee what would happen:

JD: "Hey...is there a concensus on what kind of replacement tire is best?"

E-90ites: "What are you, a %^$%$# &*^^$!? Can't you %&&^%$$# read!? Do a %^$^#%# search! $^%^&^%%$!!

But your idea is probably a good one.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
<<<

I've thought about going to a different tire for her. The ride's not bad though, they lasted 20kmi, and it's nice to have that little security blanket. I'd hate to wade back into that E-90 forum again though. I can guarentee what would happen:

E-90ites: "What are you, a %^$%$# &*^^$!? Can't you %&&^%$$# read!? Do a %^$^#%# search! $^%^&^%%$!!

baahhaha, so true

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Just lurke on the for sale section and you might find the tires for your e90, i would imagine it would be cheaper than buying them brand...
example...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134128

<<<

·
Registered
8,153 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Greetings,

I know this is off topic, by what would be reasons for someone NOT wanting to use nitrogen other than it just adds to the bill?

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Greetings,

I know this is off topic, by what would be reasons for someone NOT wanting to use nitrogen other than it just adds to the bill?
>>>

Lots of threads on this. Consenses seems to be that it's a scam. (Not *bad*, just no real benefit)

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JD, I'll see if my tire guy can get toyo's. What size do you want?
>>>

2 275/35/18's, and 2 245/40/18's. I also need 2 Potenza RF's 225/45/17 and 2 255/40/17. (I *also* need 4 tires for my Tundra too:grrrrr:. Not sure what size/etc they are)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts