BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:1zhelp:I know many of the SoCal board members use All German Auto. What are your opinions and how has the service been?
have had some real unfortunate issues with them and need to find a different Indy for my beast.
Any comments are much appreciated.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
This doesn't sound good. Nice that you've shown restraint rather than leading with a big rant.

I haven't had car work done at AGA, but was very impressed with Martin and the operation during my visit last year. I've heard nothing but good about AGA.

Dave

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
What....

:1zhelp:I know many of the SoCal board members use All German Auto. What are your opinions and how has the service been?
have had some real unfortunate issues with them and need to find a different Indy for my beast.
Any comments are much appreciated.
Are you saying you've had unfortunate issues with AGA and are looking for another indy shop?? If so, I'd be interested in the details. PM me if you'd rather.

I've been their client for over 15 years; including getting various BMW's and other German cars serviced and modded by them. I could write a very long history; but suffice to say I wouldn't let anybody else touch my cars. Period. In fact, when both my current cars were still under new car warranty, I got so disgusted with dealer service/expertise, I purposely came out of pocket to get work done @ AGA; because they always get it right the first time. Their pricing is very fair; and owner 100% backs everything they do. No excuses, no BS, no "stories".

Anyway, if you've indeed had a problem with them, and haven't talked directly to owner (Martin Christensen), 'recommend you do so. He's away racing this week, but will be back on Monday.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I've heard read great things about AGA, but in case you are more comfortable with the alternatives, you may want to visit some of our other forum sponsors, Extreme Motorsports in San Diego, or BMS in the OC just to name a few.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys for the comments and as DRM mentioned I am not here to rant or complain just state the fact that i won't use them again. I went to them because of many good recommendations but I have yet to experience even one ounce of a good experience.
Just for the record i know Martin and realize he is away or would have addressed the issues with him personally.
That said, the service or rather lack of I have received there is enough to make me never go back. As with many of you and probably all of you, you treat your beast with the utmost respect and would only rely and trust someone to work on it that has the same respect...right?

DRM, I met you a few months ago at AGA and saw your car there too. If you want to know more I would be happy (well not a good choice of words) to let you klnow the issues

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Sorry to hear about your AGA troubles. I've heard mixed reviews myself, mostly positive. All of my personal experiences with Martin have been very positive, although limited in number due to our relative proximity.

As to your question about a good replacement independent shop:
For high-quality shops that are also Dinan dealers like AGA, your next closest is BMS in Santa Ana, after that there is Avus in Glendale. For non-Dinan shops I hear good things about The M Shop (Pasadena?) but have no personal experiences with them. Bullet Performance is great, in Costa Mesa. I've dealt with RPI and am very satisfied with their integrity. I don't know how much service work they do on BMWs, but they definitely know their way around a car. They are in Paramount.

I know, all the shops I mentioned are far away, but that's all I know on the subject. Hopefully other SD owners can give you better leads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts