BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know, I know, there are several aftermarket wheel threads, but they are HUGE and filled with all different types of cars and different types of wheels. I have been craving some bling bling lately and would like a few pictures of some member's wheels with some nice fat lips. I am not allowed to spend a DIME on the car this summer, but I am sure it will take me longer than that to decide what exactly it is that I want.

Rules:

#1. E39 M5 ONLY!

#2. Aftermarket large lipped wheels ONLY, no step lip please.

#3. Please list your wheel sizes, offsets, and tire make/sizes.

#4. Please read rules #1 and #2 again.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I'm in the process or refinishing a set of these: Cargraphic Racing 19". These are the wheels on BMWMPWR's car.

I already had the lips refinished and now I'm gonna send out the centers to Price Wheels to have them do the centers in the OEM Shadow Chrome of the OEM wheels (maybe even a tiny bit darker). I mounted these in silver on my Anthracite and they were a bit too light for my tastes, especially in direct sunlight.

19x10s in the rear and 19x9 in the front. 20mm offset and I already have 10mm spacers for the fronts (the rears may not require them, but we'll see). I'll be mounting 255/35/19s on the front and 285/30/19s in the rear (Continental ExtremeContact DW).

While these are a bit expensive (brand new), I scored them used for a pretty good price. However, a good alternative to these and if you like the mesh design of the BBS LMs but don't like the step lip, the best choice is the Work VS-XX. It's just like the BBS LM but with the flat lip.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Tim thanks for posting this thread. I cant wait to follow along.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Here you go Tim! Linea Corse Z2S 19 x 9.5 ET20 all the way around with 275/30/19 Continental DW tires.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Subscribed! Thanks for starting this thread. In the market also.
Is it worth mentioning spacers, brake kits, suspension etc as these factors can affect fitment.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Those Linea Corsa rims are sick. So are the Hamann. WOW.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Don't remember what SideKickChuck has on his car, but they looked sweet!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Great thread, great rules. Thanks Tim.

Obviously I'm on OEM's still so I don't have a photo to contribute, but my vote goes with either Diny or Russap's wheels. Definitely my favorites

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Don't remember what SideKickChuck has on his car, but they looked sweet!
Thanks LoCal. They are 19" RDSport RD2 Wheels.
They make them specifically for the e39 bore and offsets.
19x8.5+15F
19x9.5+19R
Currently have nothing special for rubber as a daily driver:
245/40/19 Falken FK542
275/35/19 Falken FK452

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Holy chyt Chuck those are stupid sick. Ive never seen those before. I would like to think about those in 2 tone somehow.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
19x10 SSR GT3's. ~et20 with 275/30/19. Crappy pics showing off my Timmay's tips and Slimm's diffuser. :noSMG:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thanks LoCal. They are 19" RDSport RD2 Wheels.
They make them specifically for the e39 bore and offsets.
19x8.5+15F
19x9.5+19R
Currently have nothing special for rubber as a daily driver:
245/40/19 Falken FK542
275/35/19 Falken FK452

you my friend ... have one of the nicest wheels one can put on an e39!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
SEARCH Tim!

JK :cheers:

·
Registered
126 Posts
However, a good alternative to these and if you like the mesh design of the BBS LMs but don't like the step lip, the best choice is the Work VS-XX. It's just like the BBS LM but with the flat lip.

I bought the car with these wheels, and they look great. I think i've only heard one person say I've riced out the car with these wheels on.

DSC0061s.jpg

Photo from previous owner:
8-15-09-639-179.jpg

Work VS-XX
20x9 in front, 20x10.5 in the back

Edit: Forgot tire size, 255/35 in back, 225/35 in front. I'm a little wary of the small tires, but so far it still handles well.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Those 19" RDSport RD2 wheels are looking awesome! I think i'm in love :)

·
Registered
789 Posts
The car graphics wheels will set you back a few pennies but man they are nice. The rd2 has an incredible lip for front and hugh for rear. Look for a rolling shot of those wheels its sick. The work wheel is a great wheel. I have personally owned 4 sets of works and will not hesitate to own them again. My tastes always leads me back to mesh spoke type of wheel. Good luck.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 113 Posts