BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in a set of BBS LM, HRE 540R, or OZ wheels. I am curious as to the widest front and rear wheel and tire combinations that people have successfully run without modifying the fender wells or using spacers.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Ronin M5 said:
I am interested in a set of BBS LM, HRE 540R, or OZ wheels. I am curious as to the widest front and rear wheel and tire combinations that people have successfully run without modifying the fender wells or using spacers.

Thanks in advance.
I have 19x9.5 rear and 19x8.5 front. Lowered w/ H&R coilovers. NO problems rubbing, and did not have to roll fenders, also Im using 275/30 rear and 245/35 tire up front.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SC'dKellenersM5 said:
Im running 19x8.5 and 19x10 with 275 and 295's on special offsets....but if you have custom rims done, it should work.
What brand of wheels are you running?

Sounds like a sweet set-up. Would love to see photos.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Looks great? What offsets are you using? There is no issue with using a 8.5 on a 275 width?

Usually on a 8.5 width running gear 235 and 245 is recommended, i know some put 255 on but 275 seems pretty wide on 8.5?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Ronin M5,

Wheels are so subjective, and if your going with a 19" setup, then your primary focus I assume will be looks. With that being said, make sure your getting a good quality, and decently light wheel when you buy. We carry a nice selection of wheels for the M5, including BBS and Cargraphic, which are two of the best.

In my opinion, 8.5 front and 9.5 rear, with 255-35 and 275-30 PS2's would be the best setup. Although, both BBS and Cargraphic use a 10" rear, which is also a good route to go.

If you have anymore questions, please done hesistate to ask.

Travis

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have 19 inch HRE 549's with custom powder coated centers with Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position S-O3. 275/30/19 upfront. 285/30/19 rear.

Regards,

Marion

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Gorilla,

they might be 9.0's up in the front and 9.5 in the back...

they were custom designed by Shadowman and OZ USA in Miami to fit the car, the tires and the lemans series GTR brakes without the use of spacers...

Since im not near the car, they (shadow and OZ) did all the spec'ing on them

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mvious said:
I have 19 inch HRE 549's with custom powder coated centers with Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position S-O3. 275/30/19 upfront. 285/30/19 rear.

Regards,

Marion
Thanks Mvious. I took a look at your picture gallery, and those are definitely custom, one of a kind, wheels. Wow. Nice job. Any rubbing issues in front or back, or did you make modifications to fit the extra width?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Ronin M5

Thanks for the compliment. No rubbing at all. It handles great with the wider foot print.

When you order from HRE they make the rims specific for your beast, it takes 4 weeks. But its worth the wait.

Regards,

Marion

Ronin M5 said:
Thanks Mvious. I took a look at your picture gallery, and those are definitely custom, one of a kind, wheels. Wow. Nice job. Any rubbing issues in front or back, or did you make modifications to fit the extra width?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mvious said:
When you order from HRE they make the rims specific for your beast, it takes 4 weeks. But its worth the wait.

Regards,
Marion
I am seriously wavering between just the HRE 540R's and the BBS LM's now. I am going to get one or the other.

I can't decide. Sometimes the LM's look like a great wheel for the price, and the HRE's seem really pricey. But then I think about the custom aspect. Wider rubber would help traction a lot I would think, and then I wouldn't see the DSC light so often...

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Ronin M5,

The LM's, in my opinion, are a superiour wheel. The racing history and name that BBS has made for themselves in the automotive industry is second to none. I prefer Fikse, because of the design and custom building aspect, but the BBS LM's are also high on my list. They are strong, decently light, and very well made. Where is the racing history with HRE? They sell their looks, not their quality or history. After seeing 540R's on a 360 Modena, I walked away not being an HRE fan as much.

If your interested in the LM's let me know, I can offer you an attractive price for them.

Travis

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
M5Kid said:
Ronin M5,
If your interested in the LM's let me know, I can offer you an attractive price for them.

Travis
I am interested in the BBS LM, please PM me with pricing. I would also like to get tires with them, if you provide mounting and balancing too. SO-3's or Toyo T1S. Thanks.

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
635 Posts
That's a wonderful car. Do you know if that front spoiler can be painted to match the car

Regards,

Marion

SC'dKellenersM5 said:
Marion,

just for everyone's info, that m5 that you linked to is member Achtung's car...too bad he's hardly ever around anymore.

·
10,455 Posts
Mvious said:
That's a wonderful car. Do you know if that front spoiler can be painted to match the car

Regards,

Marion
If we're talking the discovery auto spoiler, yes, they do make one that can be painted. Look around their site, or do a search here as there was a post on it several months ago.
Mike

1 - 20 of 26 Posts