BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here, bought my M5 in October and am giddy with it. I'm looking primarily at the EasyCare aftermarket warranty for my 2007 M5 with SMG, 33,000 miles. They offer a top of the line package called "TotalCare" and a less inclusive package called "StatedCare". Not being much of a gearhead, I'd like to first get confirmation that the TotalCare package does in fact include all the parts that typically go wrong with the SMG. Secondly, does anyone know if the "StateCare" package also cover those same SMG issues?

So far, my quote for TotalCare is right at $6,000 for 36 mos and $250 deductible, $4,800 for StatedCare with same terms.

Any help at all with this would be greatly appreciated!

Troy

·
Registered
7,329 Posts
I have the TotalCare option and I do recall they cover all the SMG components. Not sure about Statedcare.

Price-wise, I paid about $3200 for additional 3yrs/36K miles with a $500 deductable when my car had about 100 miles left on the OEM warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have TotalCare through EasyCare. I bought the coverage for my 2006 when it had 47k miles on it (it was out of factory warranty based on time).

My SMG had issues and EasyCare covered the labor and parts to replace the smg hydraulics, which was around $5k total. They made my service advisor jump through some challenging hoops to properly document the problem, including having a local representative from the warranty company physically come out to view the error codes in person, but luckily for me the SA was very willing to do all of this to help ensure they covered the problem.

This repair more than covered what I paid for the 3 year agreement.

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
I have TotalCare through EasyCare also but I paid less than $5k for 3yrs/36K miles with a $200 deductable. Well worth the peace of mind.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I have the TotalCare option and I do recall they cover all the SMG components. Not sure about Statedcare.

Price-wise, I paid about $3200 for additional 3yrs/36K miles with a $500 deductable when my car had about 100 miles left on the OEM warranty.
TotalCare covers VANOS and all components of SMG including the pump, I have that in writing from them. StatedCare does NOT cover SMG pump...that policy is inclusionary and gives the ol "all internally lubricated transmission parts", which is not good because as we all know, the pump sits OUTSIDE the trans. Stupid ******* technicality.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts