BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

741 - 760 of 771 Posts

·
2,167 Posts
Hi all finally found a forum that answers questions on this problem, just changed my exhaust camshaft sensor on bank 2, £150 for the part, now its showing the solenoid on the same camshaft

Does anyone know how long is it to have these shipped to the UK not to sure to order 2 for bank 2 or go the full hit and get 4 even though 3 out of the 4 are good,

Ps in the UK BMW want £800 or $1037 each ?
What exactly was your issue?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Original problem was limp mod etc, had it diagnosed with the exhaust camshaft sensor bank 2, changed this and still the engine light was one, so the garage scanned it again and it now has the vanos solenoid exhaust side bank 2

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi all finally found a forum that answers questions on this problem, just changed my exhaust camshaft sensor on bank 2, £150 for the part, now its showing the solenoid on the same camshaft

Does anyone know how long is it to have these shipped to the UK not to sure to order 2 for bank 2 or go the full hit and get 4 even though 3 out of the 4 are good,

Ps in the UK BMW want £800 or $1037 each
That's not a bad price for genuine BMW. Here they're like $1700-$1800 each these days.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi All, Sophie v2 Solenoids installed today at ~140,000kms. Results below but I am confused as there are 2 different quality readings within the 1 test.
This one seems to show the valves as OK:

This shows all not ok. However I compared these values with those I did 6M ago and they are the exact same figures to the second decimal place so not sure if these are actually affected by solenoid valves at all!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Detailed review summary on the V2 solenoids (After 4 Bleeds - Codes Deleted after each):
1. Valve current Not OK on all solenoids.
2. Min Stop Not OK on Intake cylinder bank 2.
3. All other values OK.

The valve quality in the individual reports are(0.7,0.7,0.7,0.8) - ALL OK

Th valve quality on front page is (0.54,0.58,0.54,0.55) - ALL NOT OK - Exact same value as I have obtained on old original solenoids 6M ago

·
Registered
44 Posts
Driving wise:
1. Idle seems quieter than before.
2. Engine revving seems a little "lighter"...Possibly more responsive.
3. Maybe a slight improvement in performance (acceleration). I say maybe because car was left at Dealer to perform this work over the weekend and I had an X3 2.0D loaner. So maybe the "slight" improvement in acceleration comes from me driving the X3 over the weekend.

Install was performed by Autoclassic BMW (BMW Dealer here in Perth)

Welcome all comments and feedback. Will post further results later on - Long Term

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Detailed review summary on the V2 solenoids (After 4 Bleeds - Codes Deleted after each):
1. Valve current Not OK on all solenoids.
2. Min Stop Not OK on Intake cylinder bank 2.
3. All other values OK.

The valve quality in the individual reports are(0.7,0.7,0.7,0.8) - ALL OK

Th valve quality on front page is (0.54,0.58,0.54,0.55) - ALL NOT OK - Exact same value as I have obtained on old original solenoids 6M ago
I would suggest that those ARE the original values from 6M ago and that ISTA did not reset those values in that test. I seem to remember something about clearing tests - or results not being cleared from prior tests.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi gmak,

First thing I made clear prior to install was to delete codes and they even stated that on the paper work they gave me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Driving wise:
1. Idle seems quieter than before.
2. Engine revving seems a little "lighter"...Possibly more responsive.
3. Maybe a slight improvement in performance (acceleration). I say maybe because car was left at Dealer to perform this work over the weekend and I had an X3 2.0D loaner. So maybe the "slight" improvement in acceleration comes from me driving the X3 over the weekend.

Install was performed by Autoclassic BMW (BMW Dealer here in Perth)

Welcome all comments and feedback. Will post further results later on - Long Term
Can you provide on how these are doing in the car?

·
Registered
44 Posts
As suggested by flacoramos, the dealer has reset the adaptations and re-ran VANOS test and the values are 0.59,0.71, 0.65, 0.74 as per below. Not all pass but better than before (0.54,0.58,0.54,0.55)

I have been on the Sophie-noids for about 600kms now and no issues to report. As per my previous post comments are still valid - Slightly quieter idle, slightly more responsive engine (improvement seems very slight so might only be a psychological thing)

In any case - Well Done Sophie ... The v2 Solenoids Work (at least in the short term) and I would recommend them for those needing new solenoids and wanting to avoid the Genuine rip off.

Will post again on the longer term results probably Jan next year. Should have about 4-5000 kms on it by then.

Attachments

741 - 760 of 771 Posts