BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

721 - 740 of 767 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yeah, it's kinda like rod bearings, why change only half of them! Might as well take out the engine mounts also!

·
Registered
971 Posts
What are the issues with changing just 1 for trial.

I am loathe to change all 4 at 1 go since my car is running fine apart from occassional buzzing and the remaining 3 are not too bad 0.5 - 0.6. The one I intend to have changed is 0.42.
Well do it then

But I think its silly

Bit like changing 1 tire instead of a pair or 4 at a time
Doesnt make any sense to me
Or re tinting 1 out of 4 windows
Or replacing 1 out of 4 rotors

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well i do have the occassional vanos buzz which is annoying and embarassing especially sitting at a traffic light where passerbys look at me and wonder if there is a bee stuck under my bonnet 🙄

·
Registered
44 Posts
Reason i thought of doing one only is so that if the v2 is no good. I need to replace only that one first possibly with OEM.

Got quoted $3,500 AUD per piece here in oz so not keen to spend more than $10k in 1 hit if all 4 fails.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Reason i thought of doing one only is so that if the v2 is no good. I need to replace only that one first possibly with OEM.

Got quoted $3,500 AUD per piece here in oz so not keen to spend more than $10k in 1 hit if all 4 fails.
Ive got 4 genuine ones new $4000 au the set

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Hi guys - sorry to jump on the bus late but I looked at the first few pages of posts and can’t work out the symptoms on why you are changing these? Is it a common failure point and how does the car behave? I have a specific problem with my car and don’t want to put words in people’s mouths hoping this is the silver bullet... cheers

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks Craze and Sophie. Considering the options now.

Craze - you have 4 new genuine ones for AUD 4k? Do you have a website etc i can have a look?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys,

The Vanos test shows that I have all 4 selenoids to replace. After receiving the price from my dealer I got a headache - 1,6k USD per piece.
I pulled out the selenoid, took a bath in the ultrasonic bath, put it back in the car, did the bleeding procedure twice -- selenoids are within BMW specs at ISTA-d
I buy m5 from Japan, previous owner change oil 10k km ago. Oil was really black and nasty.

Clean your selenoids first :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Sophie, Thank you for delivering the solenoids. Got them here in Perth Australia yesterday - Very efficient with the delivery...

Now the wait to get them installed in Jan/ Feb and then will post the results.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hey guys can someone post the eBay link again. I can’t seem to find them on eBay. Thank you

·
Registered
266 Posts
I see plenty on eBay. All say similar descriptions relating to this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you found them.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Can someone post the correct link please

there are a ton out there ( thanks )

This is the link Sophie posted earlier in the thread:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi all finally found a forum that answers questions on this problem, just changed my exhaust camshaft sensor on bank 2, £150 for the part, now its showing the solenoid on the same camshaft

Does anyone know how long is it to have these shipped to the UK not to sure to order 2 for bank 2 or go the full hit and get 4 even though 3 out of the 4 are good,

Ps in the UK BMW want £800 or $1037 each 🤯

721 - 740 of 767 Posts