BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

681 - 700 of 744 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #682
quick question guys, just picked up 4 of these from the Lefong store..do i need to purchase some o rings or anything like that?
I do think that sticking with the o-rings that come with the package should be fine. Sorry for the late reply.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Your before swap pic shows 0.9
After swap shows 0.7

Was that truly the case for did you get it mixed up when posting on here?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
532 Posts
Even if the numbers aren’t what the old ones are. I’ve had some trouble with car performance, consistency and not to mention very noisy vanos units. I’m hoping the Sophie’s will give me a direction to go before I spend 1.5k on one new vanos unit.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i think its impossible to have 0.9 even on brand new OEM. Do not change the vanos units as it wont fix anything. Change vanos gears if you car is pre 06. The exhaust vanos gear has been modified in 07+ due to noise

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've had my E60 M5 for about 6 months. Shortly after buying it I replaced the vanos o-rings, cheap and I like wrenching. I still have the vanos noise on the right bank when the engine is warm. When I replaced the o-rings I measured the resistance and the right exhaust was low. The INPA test for that solenoid is high current. When I go to the track I intermittently get a fault on that same cam. So here is the question, should I replace the solenoid or just buy the entire remanufactured assembly? The reason I ask is because you posted that there was and upgrade in 07.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Guys,

What is the verdict on the V2 updated solenoids? My M5 has new one with 5k miles on it and now I hear a lite knocking sound from bank 2. Thinking I might need to buy 4 of them very soon.

681 - 700 of 744 Posts