BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

621 - 640 of 744 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thank you, SamSam11

I hate to sound like a noob, but I was wondering if there is an easy way to download the software and run it without the virtual machine. Can I just install it to a windows based computer, download the drivers, configure the port and just run it? or it doesn't work that way. I did some research and I'm a little lost, I was hoping to just find a free download of ISTAD, install it and run it or maybe you might have a step by step that I can follow. Again, I really appreciate the help.
You have everything you need here: https://www.bimmergeeks.net/downloads

There is a readme.txt

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just ordered 2 i will post results as soon as they come in and i install them....trying to get rid of code 271D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Jollejo, Thank you very much for your help. I have alot of homework to do to figure this out, but really appreciate the help. I went ahead and downloaded the bmw tools software and was able to get the INPA working. As for ISTAD I downloaded all of the software and registry files and created the shortcut listed on the instructions. I tried to open ISTA but nothing happened. I ran it in windows 7 compatibility mode as an administrator and still nothing happened. Did I do something wrong?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Jollejo, Thank you very much for your help. I have alot of homework to do to figure this out, but really appreciate the help. I went ahead and downloaded the bmw tools software and was able to get the INPA working. As for ISTAD I downloaded all of the software and registry files and created the shortcut listed on the instructions. I tried to open ISTA but nothing happened. I ran it in windows 7 compatibility mode as an administrator and still nothing happened. Did I do something wrong?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
286 Posts

Thanks again!
I'd do a bit more googling (there are several how to's) as well post a new thread with your specific questions. You will get more people familiar with that topic that are NOT checking this particular topic to give you some more advanced tips.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi godnf8, I have been searching for this topic for over an hour and still haven't been able to find a thread discussing this issue. Please point me in the right direction of you know of one.

Thank you

·
Registered
50 Posts
Interesting thread, didn't read through all 62 pages, but what is the difference between V1 and V2 ?
Sort of explains more on the site but not really.. certainly v2 is greater than v1 but who knows why. Think youre gonna have to read to find the small details. v1 worked a good amount of the time but not always from the sounds of things

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #632
Latest test results reported back from an Indy in France after a full set of v2 solenoid installation.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #634
That I do not know. I asked him to provide more quantitative data as well, but so far has no details in that area yet. Will share as soon as I have it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Latest test results reported back from an Indy in France after a full set of v2 solenoid installation.

im a bit confused... the quality is "not ok" but that doesnt mean too much. What i am interested in is no rattle and good performance... i guess the "quality" score is not important.
Any more results? I live in UK and dont need the hassle of buying internationally if they're not good.

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey guys,

OK so i had the code P0025 (271D) car ran like **** and was in limb mode... the code was for bank 2 so only ordered 2 solenoid V2. installed them this morning and car started running good again. codes went away. here are the results i got. even tho there not perfect. big difference in how the car runs. will be ordering 2 more for bank 1

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #637
im a bit confused... the quality is "not ok" but that doesnt mean too much. What i am interested in is no rattle and good performance... i guess the "quality" score is not important.

Thanks
Quality IS important. What you saw from the test results from the Indy based in France actually has all Quality reading as OK, and some Current reading 'Not OK'.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sophie can you advise on how to exchange V1 to V2? I bought the V1 when it came out never use it and now it appears V2 is working better thanks!

621 - 640 of 744 Posts