BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

581 - 600 of 744 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #582
A quick update on where we are at on V2 solenoids. I should have them in stock two weeks from now. Will update again as I have more concrete info. Thanks for the staying power.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hi Sophie,
Just to understand then, is v2 is significantly more reliable than v1? Also, what does a set of 4 cost, shipped to the UK pls?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #584
v2 behaves more consistently to hold up under high pressure with spring made in different material and the standard deviations for the holes on the valve body are much smaller.

The difference between v1 and v2 has been shown from generally better test results.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Sophie, would you consider (at some cost of course) exchanging v1 UNUSED solenoids to the v2? I have ours he’s two of them originally that are just waiting as spare parts untouched.

Thx

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #589
Hi Sophie, would you consider (at some cost of course) exchanging v1 UNUSED solenoids to the v2? I have ours he’s two of them originally that are just waiting as spare parts untouched.

Thx
No worries, mate. Just send them back to me and it would be great if you could take care of the shipping, I will send v2 to you for nothing extra.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #594
Confirmed that the shipment has been made earlier today via FedEx and it should arrive no later than mid next week barring any major customs clearance issues. I am planning to ship them out late next week.

Right now, V2 solenoids are only available here, https://lefongplaza.com/products/v2-replacement-vanos-solenoid-for-bmw-m5-and-m6-e60-e61-e63-e64-brand-new. Feel free to order from there.

I still have limited stock of T-20 Torx tool and that can be a complimentary gift for board members with a purchase of full set of 4 V2 solenoids. Please pm me if you need it.

Also for some members that bought V1 solenoids earlier of the year and like to exchange with V2, pm me or email me at [email protected].

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #595
Update:

Not so good news, guys.

The shipment has been stuck in Chinese customs for export inspection and clearance in the past 4-5 days. There is a significant backlog there. The visibility given by customs on when the packages can be cleared is 10 more business days... Not looking good.

My apology for the members that have placed orders already. I am so desperate to get this moving and at the same time, extremely helpless with so less I could do at the moment.

Bear with me and I WILL get these to you guys. More updates to come...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Update:

Not so good news, guys.

The shipment has been stuck in Chinese customs for export inspection and clearance in the past 4-5 days. There is a significant backlog there. The visibility given by customs on when the packages can be cleared is 10 more business days... Not looking good.

My apology for the members that have placed orders already. I am so desperate to get this moving and at the same time, extremely helpless with so less I could do at the moment.

To be expected from time to time. Hopefully things go smoothly and it's just a short delay for you!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Update:

Not so good news, guys.

It'll be worth the wait.
Are the Chinese trying to get back at Trump by keeping our solenoids in customs?

581 - 600 of 744 Posts