BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 744 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
If you find this is consistently the case, you may be able to feed that back to the manufacturer. This means the zero zetpoint for the spool (meaning spool in the middle blocking the flow) requires more current than the OEM.

This can be the result of two things:
1. the easy one, the counter spring in the tip of the solenoid is too strong and requires excessive current to move against.
2. The coil impedance and number of windings are different than the original. This should also be an easy fix with a few more turns on the coil.

In all though, as long as the max current value doesn't exceed what the DME is programmed to allow for max, you shouldn't have a problem. This isn't part of the calibration area, but part of the program area. I have the VANOS area identified in the assembly, I'll see if I can find the max current value that's hard coded in.

You are so good, Jim, as always. Your #2 option is exactly what my manufacturer replied to me when I sent the test results back to them a few months ago. I was told the issue will be taken care of during batch production.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I am also interested in a set of 4 at the proposed prices.

Does anyone have any idea when these will be ready to ship out?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm in

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Thanks for all your support.

Latest update:
I should get a small batch from the manufacturer on Dec 28 and with shipping time taken into account, I should be able to have them in stock in early Jan. This is earlier than I thought. But the bad news is there are only 200 of valves in this batch. With next batch delivery time still unknown...

One more update is regarding the special tool, the Torx 20 bit(83300495134), I was told by BMW dealership that there are 6 of them in the entire world now. With my order, they will need to manufacture more of those and there is no clear visibility on that. I might have to come up with some aftermarket options for that Torx bit as well.

Also to answer some of your questions:
Yes, it would be shipped worldwide with your preferred carrier, either USPS/EMS, UPS, FedEx, or DHL. It will be sold on eBay, Amazon, and my own website, whichever way is convenient for you. More details to come with the exact on sale dates and channels as we are getting closer to later this month or the first week of Jan.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
One more update is regarding the special tool, the Torx 20 bit(83300495134), I was told by BMW dealership that there are 6 of them in the entire world now. With my order, they will need to manufacture more of those and there is no clear visibility on that. I might have to come up with some aftermarket options for that Torx bit as well.
That bit looks easy to manufacture yourself and shouldn't cost $30 each either.

It looks like it started out as a regular T-20 socket and they just ground it down on a lathe

41 - 60 of 744 Posts