BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I'm new here. I registered a while ago but havnt really browsed as much as I would like and havnt posted much either. I have a white us spec m5 build date 3/91. Anyways with all the rain we have been recently having, there has been an increase in potholes. Well I sadly hit one :sad3:. It was late, I was tired, the road was dark and wet. It was my fault for putting myself in the situation I suppose though. Anyways when I did this it broke a pin or something that affects the timing. The wheel behind the timing pulley is siezed because of this. Also 2 of my pulleys were damaged. So I figured while I'm fixing it, I might look into getting some machined aftermarket aluminum pulleys. Does anyone know of any manufacturers that make them? How much they run? are they worth it? Also any comments on the damage or thoughts about what else it could be are welcomed. I will be doing all the work myself so any help is appreciated.

Oh and as far as symptoms of the car. It cranks and almost turns over but doesn't. The guy that towed me used starter fluid to get it to turn over but it died shortly after that. Couldnt idle and wouldnt respond to me giving it gas. I tested it for fuel and spark and both are good. I miss my baby so much. :sad2: Just wanna get her back on the road again.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm..So far no good. Nice to get a warm welcome. So no one knows any company that makes aftermarket pullies? What about my problem. Anyone have an idea about what could be wrong? Have similar experiences?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome to the Board.:cheers: As for your problem, I can not help you there. I believe I read of your situation on another board, as did most here I bet. A lot of crossover attendance between the 2 or 3 boards.

Is your problem the timing has gone off as a result of hitting a pot hole? That has got to be one gigantic pothole. Good luck and keep the board posted of results. I would like to here the outcome.

Greg

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah im on bf.c as well. thats really the only other forum i frequent. i posted here because i figured there would be more m5 owners so they would know. ill deffinitely keep you all posted. this is going to be quite the project car. hopefully i will get off my lazy butt and document it all.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how bout junk yard pullies? are there any other motors that have the same pullies as the m5?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts