BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get Kelleners exhaust installed in my car but I am worried that it may be illegal here in NY because of noise pollution. Anyone have any info on this or anything I should worry about before I commit myself to this project?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Not! They are couple of M5 owners here in Long Island with the Kelleners and Eisemann. They are Loud but not as loud as a Ford Mustang with Flow masters. So I think you will be safe.

Regards,

Marion
Petey Pop said:
I want to get Kelleners exhaust installed in my car but I am worried that it may be illegal here in NY because of noise pollution. Anyone have any info on this or anything I should worry about before I commit myself to this project?

·
Registered
460 Posts
I agree with Marion. Having heard the harleys and muscle cars running straight pipe I find it hard to believe that if you are driving at a normal pace and not showing off that the cop would choose you out of the crowd. However, I also agree with Ray that you should try and be on the conservative side when around "the man."

I did not realize that Kellners was such a loud exhaust.

good luck.

Michael.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
With all the rice burners with coffee can exhaust running around NYC, I'm pretty sure you will be OK. Years back, I ran on my E28 535i, euro exhaust manifolds with straight pipes to a B&B exhaust, quiet loud but pleasingly so without ever upsetting the local authority.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys. I guess it isn't as risky as I thought it may be.

Now I need to figure out where to buy used ones or new ones for a better price. Ahh, the troubles of owning an exotic!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Honestly - Think about it. You are driving a BMW M5. Cops should never give you trouble in that car unless you are speeding or driving it like you stole it. You aren't the typical 16 year old kid with the fartcannon exhaust on the Honda so cops aren't going to be looking at you when they want to punk someone with a fix-it ticket. If they pull you over, worst thing they can do is put a mirror underneath your car to see if you have catalytic converters and you will so this really isn't an issue. Worst case scenario: Cop says it's too loud, he writes you a fix-it ticket. You install your OEM exahaust get it fixed and put the aftermarket one back on. Fixit tickets are only $15 here in CA, don't know about New York.

Hope this helps... Don't even stress it..The beast sounds so amazing with exhaust you have to do it.

Best Regards,

Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts