BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone can help me with a simple question: whether aftermarket exhaust made for E60 M5 would go straight on to my E61 M5.

The reason I asked is I was checking out some Arqray exhaust yesterday and I wasn't sure whether the Arqray designed for E60 would just go straight on and in order to find out, they jacked up my car and when we were under the car, we realised there is an extra set of brace on the Touring just above the pipe leading to the muffler. The original factory exhaust set up would go under this brace hence creating a bend in the pipe which is not there in the Arqray E60 exhaust, I suspect I would either have to remove this underbody brace in order to fit the exhaust, or find an exhaust that is designed for E61 M5, am I correct?

·
Registered
251 Posts
They are different. I know of AC Schnitzer and Supersprint that make a specific exhaust for the E61 M5

Reactions: MrCSL

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Balazs, just what I thought too. As I only found Supersprint and ACS hv exhaust specifically made for E61.
Nice ride you've got there!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just fitted a Tubi exhaust with a Supersprint X-Pipe to my E61 M5 Touring.

It sounds great but I had fitment issues with the X-braces you described. They could not be fitted afterwards althought the Tubi exhaust was specifically for the E61 and even had the indentation in the pipes. The shape of the pipes is different than the stock exhaust and that made it impossible to fit the X-braces.
The BMW mechanic who fitted the exhaust told me those X-braces could be left off without any danger.

I have sent an e-mail to Tubi in Italy and they are not aware of any fitment issues so I am at a loss how to solve this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts