BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the dealership today.
I need to get front rotors and brake pads replaced.
Cost.... $1050 !!!.
Is this normal?
Don't i get for this price also something better (maybe mintex)
I know that the brembos cost "a little" bit more.
But $1050 for the weak BMW ones...
Any suggestions?
Where do i get mintex with slotted rotors?
What price?
Thanks a bunch

·
Registered
170 Posts
Dave Z. has the Stoptech fronts for the M5. They are about $2595 which includes the rotors and upgraded calipers. He also has the Brembos.

Dave is one of the board sponsers - so you can contact him direct - Zeckhausen racing..

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Wrightsville Beast said:
Dave Z. has the Stoptech fronts for the M5. They are about $2595 which includes the rotors and upgraded calipers. He also has the Brembos.

Dave is one of the board sponsers - so you can contact him direct - Zeckhausen racing..
I will soon have my hands on a lightly used 4-wheel StopTech kit with black calipers and drilled rotors. It was used for evaluation purposes, so it has minimal miles on it and is essentially new. No blemishes. It will be supported just as if it were a brand new kit. The price will be very attractive. More details shortly as I learn more.

Also, I have one last E39 M5 front kit in red with slotted rotors that I purchased during the holiday sale. So it will go for far below the list price of $2595. Contact me off line for details.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
DZeckhausen said:
I will soon have my hands on a lightly used 4-wheel StopTech kit with black calipers and drilled rotors. It was used for evaluation purposes, so it has minimal miles on it and is essentially new. No blemishes. It will be supported just as if it were a brand new kit. The price will be very attractive. More details shortly as I learn more.
Drat! The 4-wheel kit turned out to be for a Z8 rather than an M5. Never mind! ouich
Also, I have one last E39 M5 front kit in red with slotted rotors that I purchased during the holiday sale. So it will go for far below the list price of $2595. Contact me off line for details.
This front kit seems to be spoken for, although the person who contacted me off line hasn't actually pulled the trigger yet. If you want to be second in line, in case he decides not to take it, just drop me an email at [email protected].

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Redshift said:
Will the rear fit under stock M5 rear wheels?
The StopTech rear brakes do not fit under stock M5 wheels. Any spacer that would be wide enough to make them fit would also cause the wheels to rub the fenders. If you want rear StopTech brakes for the M5, you need aftermarket wheels.

The Brembo brakes will fit with 3mm spacers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts