BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3 M3s, beginning with a new E30 back in the day I fell in love with a 993 C4. After many good years together she gave her life to me a few weeks ago. I think the deer did not make it, either.

I almost pulled the trigger on an 997 C4s, but needed a 4dr. M-monster because of the Mrs. I bought a one owner M-monster a couple of weeks ago. I am interested in an exhaust that is not too loud like the super cups I had on the pcar. It must be easily switchable before the mandatory 2 year inspection, also. My pcar was failed due to excessive noise at one time, so I would switch under 10 minutes and go back to the super cups. Are there mufflers that can be clamped off and on? I have searched the issue, but have been unable to get an answer. I see the OEM muffler would have to be cut, but I suppose I could have it modified so it can slip back on rather than being welded back on.

Also, I had a front scrape bar on my 993. Is there anything on the market for the M-monster? In case I lower her an inch or so.....:haha:
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
After 3 M3s, beginning with a new E30 back in the day I fell in love with a 993 C4. After many good years together she gave her life to me a few weeks ago. I think the deer did not make it, either.

I almost pulled the trigger on an 997 C4s, but needed a 4dr. M-monster because of the Mrs. I bought a one owner M-monster a couple of weeks ago. I am interested in an exhaust that is not too loud like the super cups I had on the pcar. It must be easily switchable before the mandatory 2 year inspection, also. My pcar was failed due to excessive noise at one time, so I would switch under 10 minutes and go back to the super cups. Are there mufflers that can be clamped off and on? I have searched the issue, but have been unable to get an answer. I see the OEM muffler would have to be cut, but I suppose I could have it modified so it can slip back on rather than being welded back on.

Also, I had a front scrape bar on my 993. Is there anything on the market for the M-monster? In case I lower her an inch or so.....:haha:
Thanks.
How's your budget??? AgencyPower makes an electronically controlled exhaust system that looks like it might fit what you need. Modulated with the push of a button, no need to creep under your car and unclamp your mufflers (welding is the right way to install a muffler anyway).

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. AgencyPower looks interesting, but not that interesting at 3k. Any other ideas? My pcar had no problem passing with Fabspeeds. I guess I have to find someone in Portland with a M-monster and aftermarket exhaust who passed DEQ.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Thank you. AgencyPower looks interesting, but not that interesting at 3k. Any other ideas? My pcar had no problem passing with Fabspeeds. I guess I have to find someone in Portland with a M-monster and aftermarket exhaust who passed DEQ.
I guess I don't understand why mufflers are causing you to fail...in Oregon, do they do a db test at inspection? Sounds like the real solution to your problem is to become friendly with a garage who will look the other way. How many annoying Harley's whiz by with gaudy, unbelievably loud strait pipes? Their exhausts are louder than the loudest setup we can get.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have to pass a noise test and emissions. :( It was easy with pcar - couple of clamps and screws and I was done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts