BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the panel filters from AFE, I don't have my car right now but since I can't drive it I might as well buy stuff for it!!

I know most people go for the BMC filter but is there a reason its so much more than the AFE ones.

thanks

Kim

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was concerned that might be the cast, the car is to expensive/nice to risk ineffective filters but I also don't want to waste money because of a brand

·
Registered
976 Posts
I went with AFE cone filters instead of the flat panel type with no issues whatsoever. I believe that one particular problem with these type of filters is the amount of replacement oil used when cleaning them. Too much oil may lead to serious problems. I have cleaned mine at the 20k miles mark and used the recommended amount of AFE oil to make the filter effective. I won't change the filter oil for another 30k miles. At the same time as cleaning/re-oiling, I clean both MAF's.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
oh thats cool, what method do you use to clean the mafs?

Whats everyone's thoughts on the k&n filters? they seem to be a good price and I know the filters are good but what about for this car?

I don't mind spending the cash on the bmc ones but I have seen the threads where they were falling apart.

·
Registered
976 Posts

Attachments

·
2,149 Posts
K&N panel filters dont fit properly for this car.. They were model after the charcoal filters, not the actual air filter..

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok cool, I guess i'll have to go with the afe filters then, I can't see any bad reviews at this point but there seem to be a ton of bad reviews for the bmc ones

1 - 9 of 9 Posts