BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question may have been already ask, so please bare with me: Has anyone had either or both, autowerke software or the Powerchip, and if so which do you prefer? Has anyone added an AFE cold air intake kit and if so does it work for the american model?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
This question may have been already ask, so please bare with me: Has anyone had either or both, autowerke software or the Powerchip, and if so which do you prefer? Has anyone added an AFE cold air intake kit and if so does it work for the american model?
Do a quick search on the AFE and you will find out that this intake system actually loses power due to heat soak issues.

As for the software...I'm not experienced enough to comment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW!!!!

Wow are you serious? Man I paid like 500 dollars for this intake. I haven't install it yet but, wow. I got to return it. Thanks, thanks alot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Powerchip VS Autowerke???

So which of these gives the best action? Powerchip or Autowerke software? What are the advantages or and disadvantages?

·
8,369 Posts
On my E39 M5 - I went with Powerchip. Very happy with it. Amazing difference compared to stock software.

On my E63 M6 - I decided to try Active Autowerke software. Extremely pleased with them too. Amazing transformation compared to stock.
The best mod for the beast in my opinion.

My recommendation though is to do your hardware mods first (Air scoops/cold air intake; exhaust, etc.)

Once you're done with your bolt on mods - then upgrade your software.
The reason being - they will fine tune your software according to the mods you have on.

Here is my review of Active Autowerke Software.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e6...-my-review-active-autowerke-ecu-software.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts