BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little bit of advice. I feel as though the clutch in my beast isn't catching quite as it should. I want to replace it with an aftermarket one which will be able to handle an extra 50-60hp over stock but will still be comfortable enough for daily use.

Also, what's everyone's opinion on the different intake systems? I'm thinking of the AA one.

Thanks everyone!:wroom:

·
Registered
837 Posts
I think you should Call UUC, they have excellent customer support and a wide variety of clutch options to choose from aside from their V-12 conversion they are coming out with a direct oem size replacement option as well, which should be substantially better than the stock clutch, I am going this route and will be happy to share how it works out, Josh

P.s you can do a search on past threads about clutches and you should find an abundant amount of info regarding the UUC setup and other clutches as well.

·
Registered
540 Posts
autobhnstmr said:
I need a little bit of advice. I feel as though the clutch in my beast isn't catching quite as it should. I want to replace it with an aftermarket one which will be able to handle an extra 50-60hp over stock but will still be comfortable enough for daily use.

Also, what's everyone's opinion on the different intake systems? I'm thinking of the AA one.

and just wait til you see the pricetag for 50-60 additional ponies...the clutch will seem like an absolute bargain.

good luck

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
UUC seems to be the way to go - I plan on going that route in the near future:D

·
Registered
590 Posts
autobhnstmr said:

My money will be on a UUC when the time comes. Should easily handle the extra HP.

Joe

·
Registered
837 Posts
autobhnstmr,
I ordered the clutch on monday, and it should be here soon, also took the opportunity to order the SSK and DSSR rod. Once it arrives I will have to wait until I have a free weekend to drive up to houston for the install, but I estimate that it will be within the next three weekends. But once installed and I have some miles on it I will share with youhow it feels, Josh

·
Registered
590 Posts
bmwusa said:
autobhnstmr,
I ordered the clutch on monday, and it should be here soon, also took the opportunity to order the SSK and DSSR rod. Once it arrives I will have to wait until I have a free weekend to drive up to houston for the install, but I estimate that it will be within the next three weekends. But once installed and I have some miles on it I will share with youhow it feels, Josh
Josh are you installing it youself?

Joe

·
Registered
837 Posts
Joe, I am having Bavarian Hypersports in Houston install it for me, they going to install my Kelleners and X-pipe, so I figured I would let them do it all, Josh

·
Registered
590 Posts
That sounds cool Josh. The Kelleners and X pipe should make a nice improvement along with the UUC clutch set up. I was out banging a couple of gears tonight and my clutch is slipping between gears so it won't be long before I call Rob and order the clutch.

Joe

·
Registered
837 Posts
You should call UUC, they have a new line up of direct replacement clutchs' for a whole lot less then the V-12 conversion kit, if it works then great, I saved a lot of money, if it doesnt then I guess I will be buying the V-12 conversion kit someday, but I figured I would be the test car for the board and give it a try. Josh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts