BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody have been keeping an eye on this board but not posted anything until now. Had M5 and M6 on order at a dealership near me and was told recently I'd be lucky to get either by 2007! Following markf's advice managed to get myself no. 1 on M6 list at a remote dealership in Scotland.

Anyway heard from them the other day and they said "launch date" in UK is Mid Nov and that they would like my spec by Mid May.Although I accept the M6 has alot included as standard, £80K is in my view a fairly high price. I am happy to pay it but am wondering whether it is wise to increase it dramatically by getting full leather which in addition includes dashboard in leather and alcantara headlining (£5,320 option in UK)i.e. is it worth it?

Also saw Stratus Grey/Cream beige 645i the other day and fancy that combo though this not standard on M6 in UK,so it would have to be done through Individual. Don't know how much it would cost yet but sure it won't be cheap.Plus full leather we could be approaching £90K I guess.

Or would it be more sensible to stick with a standard colour, probably Black Sapphire, Sepang Bronze extended leather and piano black and Chrome line exterior(I think this would outline the windows better on a black car, any views?). Or alternatively Silver Grey with Black and Piano trim?

Sorry it's so long your thoughts would be appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
Hi Johnny

Its a personal preference thing,don't see the need for full leather ,espesh since when its time to sell you'll get maybe an extra £500 for it.
Myself..Im gutted at the poor choice of colours especially for the interior if you don't go for full leather.
The car is so well specced,nothing is really neccessary apart from the bluetooth prep.
Im just takiing the bluetooth and the climate glass option ,plus the remote control thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:M5launch:
markf said:
Hi Johnny

Its a personal preference thing,don't see the need for full leather ,espesh since when its time to sell you'll get maybe an extra £500 for it.
Myself..Im gutted at the poor choice of colours especially for the interior if you don't go for full leather.
The car is so well specced,nothing is really neccessary apart from the bluetooth prep.
Im just takiing the bluetooth and the climate glass option ,plus the remote control thing.
Hi Mark

You are probably right re: full leather, especially if the "replacement" materials are of good enough quality, £5k+ just seems OTT to me for what you get.

For me the only choice of standard colours are Black sapphire+ Silverstone or Sepang Bronze leather, Silver Grey+ Silverstone or Black or Silverstone+Silverstone or Black. All good combinations but dare i say a little boring.

I am asking my dealer to find out cost of Stratus Grey(fantastic in the sunshine) and Champagne Leather+ Piano Black through BMW Individual and how much longer delivery will take if I go down that route.

PS agree re: spec but will also add tv function
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
johnny73 said:
:M5launch:
Hi Mark

You are probably right re: full leather, especially if the "replacement" materials are of good enough quality, £5k+ just seems OTT to me for what you get.

For me the only choice of standard colours are Black sapphire+ Silverstone or Sepang Bronze leather, Silver Grey+ Silverstone or Black or Silverstone+Silverstone or Black. All good combinations but dare i say a little boring.

I am asking my dealer to find out cost of Stratus Grey(fantastic in the sunshine) and Champagne Leather+ Piano Black through BMW Individual and how much longer delivery will take if I go down that route.

PS agree re: spec but will also add tv function
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
johnny73 said:
:M5launch:
Hi Mark

You are probably right re: full leather, especially if the "replacement" materials are of good enough quality, £5k+ just seems OTT to me for what you get.

For me the only choice of standard colours are Black sapphire+ Silverstone or Sepang Bronze leather, Silver Grey+ Silverstone or Black or Silverstone+Silverstone or Black. All good combinations but dare i say a little boring.

I am asking my dealer to find out cost of Stratus Grey(fantastic in the sunshine) and Champagne Leather+ Piano Black through BMW Individual and how much longer delivery will take if I go down that route.

PS agree re: spec but will also add tv function
Oops..anyway,was gonna go for black ,but out of the 3 interior colours I like black,so black with black is no good.Its also such a chore to keep clean..therefore and mostly because i saw lucios pictures of his car onhere...im going for the silver grey with black interior.Conservative but considering the options a good combo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
markf said:
Oops..anyway,was gonna go for black ,but out of the 3 interior colours I like black,so black with black is no good.Its also such a chore to keep clean..therefore and mostly because i saw lucios pictures of his car onhere...im going for the silver grey with black interior.Conservative but considering the options a good combo.
I love black, but my last 3 cars have been black! so I would like something different this time.

I think the advantage of a black interior is that if you don't get full leather the car would look exactly the same as if you did. This is because, reading the brochure, it looks as if when you have extended leather things like the seat backs are finished in black artifical leather which obviously would show if you had a "coloured" leather like Silverstone.

I suspect I will end up going for a standard colour due to cost/extra time of ordering Individual colours, but really want to see some videos and pictures and I am hoping to see the beast in action at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in June before I make a final decision. Still not 100% about those wheels until I see them in the flesh either!:M5launch:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
see the photos onhere,the italy thread has a blue,black and silverstone m6.
The wheels look good on the Silver grey car posted on here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
markf said:
see the photos onhere,the italy thread has a blue,black and silverstone m6.
The wheels look good on the Silver grey car posted on here.
Seen all of those thanks, but still unsure. Difficult to put my finger on it but "emptiness" of wheels doesn't help and I don't actually think the 6er is particularly photogenic!

I really like the 645i's I see on the road and just hope M6 looks at least as good if not better. Anyway as I say should see one in the flesh in June which will help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
816 Posts
johnny73 said:
Seen all of those thanks, but still unsure. Difficult to put my finger on it but "emptiness" of wheels doesn't help and I don't actually think the 6er is particularly photogenic!

I really like the 645i's I see on the road and just hope M6 looks at least as good if not better. Anyway as I say should see one in the flesh in June which will help.
I originally had a "problem" with the 5 spoke wheels. But the more I see them, the more I like them, and I get the feeling they will look great in real life. The point to really take note about the E63 in general is that they are definitely not photogenic. In real life, they drop your jaw.

I'm going the Individual route: Mineral Silver exterior and still thinking about the interior. The crazy thing is that Mineral Silver is a standard colour on the normal 6 series!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
M6 Forever said:
I originally had a "problem" with the 5 spoke wheels. But the more I see them, the more I like them, and I get the feeling they will look great in real life. The point to really take note about the E63 in general is that they are definitely not photogenic. In real life, they drop your jaw.

I'm going the Individual route: Mineral Silver exterior and still thinking about the interior. The crazy thing is that Mineral Silver is a standard colour on the normal 6 series!
Hi M6 Forever

Mineral Silver looks great on 6er, have seen a few around. Stratus Grey, that I want, is a standard colour in UK too and I am waiting to hear from my dealer how much it will cost through individual.

You would have thought that a standard 6er colour would be available for no extra cost wouldn't you? Are you going for full leather?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
816 Posts
johnny73 said:
Hi M6 Forever

Mineral Silver looks great on 6er, have seen a few around. Stratus Grey, that I want, is a standard colour in UK too and I am waiting to hear from my dealer how much it will cost through individual.

You would have thought that a standard 6er colour would be available for no extra cost wouldn't you? Are you going for full leather?
Stratus Grey is an interesting colour. It changes to almost brown/gold under bright direct sunlight. Very nice.

Regarding the interior, I'll do my pick on colours. I think you meant "Extended Leather", which covers the upper dash, transmission area and behind the rear seats, i.e. the "whole box and dice". Yes that is what I likely will do. Full Leather does not cover all that. Are you getting the carbon fibre? I think it looks ugly.

Do you know what the allocation numbers for you dealer/Britain is in general?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
M6 Forever said:
Stratus Grey is an interesting colour. It changes to almost brown/gold under bright direct sunlight. Very nice.

Regarding the interior, I'll do my pick on colours. I think you meant "Extended Leather", which covers the upper dash, transmission area and behind the rear seats, i.e. the "whole box and dice". Yes that is what I likely will do. Full Leather does not cover all that. Are you getting the carbon fibre? I think it looks ugly.

Do you know what the allocation numbers for you dealer/Britain is in general?
Yes I thought Stratus was a bit different not that I'll see much of that gold/ brown tinge in UK! Anyway I'll see what the cost is and the delay if I take the Individual route. Dealer suggested could be as much as £6k! So this plus Full Leather would be around £11K+ on top of £80K list price.

Extended Leather in the UK brochure is actually the "lesser" option. Full Leather includes same colour leather seat backs, centre console, more leather to door panels and alcantara headlining and is a £5K option here.

I will be getting Piano Black as my trim with a light interior as I think the wood finishes are awful and the carbon fibre is a bit late 80's/90's faux racing trim!

Don't know exactly what UK allocations are but remember a figure of 250-300 a year for some reason. All I know is that I have a letter from the dealer assuring me that I will have the first car that comes into their dealership, supposedly mid November. But as with all dealers I will believe that only when I'm driving off the forecourt!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top