BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 20" Maya STM on my G35 with Brembo. I am thinking of selling the G35 but keep the rims and sell seperately. I really like the rims and just wondering if possible to put it on my M5. Did some research on the net and found H&R make wheel adapters which might make it possible. Not sure exactly how wheel adapters works and how wheel fitments are calculated.

Maya STM 20" 5x114.3
245/35/20 9 -28 (front) 275/30/20 10.5 -29 (back)

Please advise.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If am correct, the OEM offsets are ET12 in front and ET28 in the rear.

For those who use spacers on OEM 166's, 12 mm in front and 10mm in the rear work to bump them out just enough to not rub. I just put H&R 10mm spacers on the rear of mine yesterday....looks perfect now!

Your Maya 20" fronts are ET28, which means if you went with a 20mm spacer in front, that would just to get back almost spec, to ET8 in Front (which would look fine)...or you could even get 25mm in front for an ET3 if you want to get the maximum stretch. The rears at ET29 would fit fine as is, but another 10mm spacer in the rear would make it look better...to ET19.

Your tire widths are slightly narrow compared to OEM spec and narrow relative to your wheel widths. You could easily buy wider tires that are more appropriate for the M5 and still use those rims with spacers.

You could run 255/35/20's in front on your 9" rims and still have almost the exact same rolling diameter as OEM...0.04% difference. 285/30/20 would fit perfectly on your 10.5" rear rims...with only a 0.45% difference in rolling diameter. You'd end up with the OEM widths, front to back but be riding on 20's with the offsets correctly adjusted with the spacers mentioned above.

Don't forget, you'll need to buy longer lug bolts if you get the spacers...recommended lengths are on H&R's website. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Another related question...

Wheel spacers are actually illegal over here in Australia because the lengthened bolts they require reduce the strength of the wheel/ hub relationship.

Does anybody know if this is true in reality?

Sorry to hijack your thread:cheers:

·
Registered
649 Posts
If am correct, the OEM offsets are ET12 in front and ET28 in the rear.

For those who use spacers on OEM 166's, 12 mm in front and 10mm in the rear work to bump them out just enough to not rub. I just put H&R 10mm spacers on the rear of mine yesterday....looks perfect now!

Your Maya 20" fronts are ET28, which means if you went with a 20mm spacer in front, that would just to get back almost spec, to ET8 in Front (which would look fine)...or you could even get 25mm in front for an ET3 if you want to get the maximum stretch. The rears at ET29 would fit fine as is, but another 10mm spacer in the rear would make it look better...to ET19.

Your tire widths are slightly narrow compared to OEM spec and narrow relative to your wheel widths. You could easily buy wider tires that are more appropriate for the M5 and still use those rims with spacers.

You could run 255/35/20's in front on your 9" rims and still have almost the exact same rolling diameter as OEM...0.04% difference. 285/30/20 would fit perfectly on your 10.5" rear rims...with only a 0.45% difference in rolling diameter. You'd end up with the OEM widths, front to back but be riding on 20's with the offsets correctly adjusted with the spacers mentioned above.

Don't forget, you'll need to buy longer lug bolts if you get the spacers...recommended lengths are on H&R's website. GOOD LUCK!
Dam you are thorough:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
907 Posts
No Kidding......nice response.......obviously the right person for the question.....haha

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Personally I am NOT a fan of wheel adapters...........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts