BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been an enthusaist for a long time... i recently bought my dream car... E39 M5!! well i have had the car for about 2 months and like most of us i was unable to pay cash. Well push comes to shove my personal life has taken a little turn for the worse. Me and my wife decided to split up...well i must now sell my beast for obvious reasons. I have spent my whole life trying to get this car now i have to sell it...so with that being said how is the best way to do this??

I have a 2002 BMW e39 M5 jet black with the carmel leather...extended leather. My beast just turned 53k she is a beauty...just had the oil changed and the the wheels refurbished she is a 10!! thanks guys

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i can...i will post them tomorrow morning...i also have the original msrp with all the options on it i will post as well. do you think anyone on this board would be interested...?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yes people will be interested. Post a detailed ad in the for sale section.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Car sounds absolutely beautiful. I'm more than happy with my silverstone interior but caramel has always been my favorite.

Pictures asap please, and very sorry to hear about the unfortunate turn of events.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the responses... yea i know **** happens...:crying: but i just want my beast to be taken care of after me... and what a better place to find a home for it than on this board...thanks again pictures will be up in the morning

·
Registered
483 Posts
oh man this was the one i was looking at purchasing before! too bad I already picked one up.
sorry to hear of your misfortune...best of luck with your sale!

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you price it right, it will sell. Good luck with the sale, and sorry about your unfortunate turn of events.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I personally do not think 25 - 26k is realistic. I would be prepared to take a 22k offer if I were in your shoes. Best of luck!

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you have a good, complete service/maintainence history for your M5 and are willing to wait for the right buyer who is looking for a lower mileage, documented, clean example, that will be the best chance to get the most value. Consider the national BMW car club classifieds or even a local chapter. Craigslist might even be a good option as buyers will do a national search on local Craigslist postings. Beware of the scams of course.

If you choose to list it on this board, just understand that M5Board classifieds provide a excellent platform for debates on value and in my opinion, tend to not be helpful to a seller. Might not happen with yours, but I think many on the board will agree that it does on occasion. Just know that going into it. Hope all this helps.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for all of your replies. I would consider 24. But with the market on the e39s i feel that price with the mileage and condition that its very fair. If anybody knows anyone looking please email me. [email protected] thanks again

1 - 16 of 16 Posts