BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What items unique to this model year should I be especialy wary of? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello JT

I got an 1993 3.8L. One important item to check is that all four windows do open properly check each of them, they got sometime trouble with that. Check the engine for any heavy oil leaks and go for a long ride with the car, then you will find quickly out how the condition of the car is. Important, tell the guy from who you are buying the car that you want to start the engine cold, drive it slowly hot and listen to strange noises!

Good luck with your new car, I got no problems with mine!

regards

Geri

·
Registered
123 Posts
JT,

Try John Robinsons site. www.netspace.net.au/~jrobbo/M5/index.html

As far as changes go to the U.S. model M5's in 1993, they are: softer feeling clutch, Shadowline exterior trim, Throwing star allows, M technik mirrors, Motorsport embossed front door handles, Tri-color stitching on the steering wheel, Maple wood trim, and four new exterior colors ( Mugello Red, Calypso Red, Lagoon Green, and Avus Blue.)I would consider these to be pretty significant changes.

This information is taken from an article in the October 1999 issue of Bimmer magazine.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts