BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to sell my 2000 M5, and the dealer's trade-in offer is $24K. I advertised locally(Philly), but no real interest @32K(incl extended warranty). Is autotrader.com worth a shot or is there another option I should consider?

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Jessem said:
I need to sell my 2000 M5, and the dealer's trade-in offer is $24K. I advertised locally(Philly), but no real interest @32K(incl extended warranty). Is autotrader.com worth a shot or is there another option I should consider?

I think autotrader.com has broad reach. I've sold my Lexus LS430 and
purchased my 2003 M5 (from out of state) on autotrader.com.

Also, consider posting on the e39 section of this Board.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Jessem said:

How many miles do you have on your M5?

I say the $24K trade in value is way to low for avarge mileage.

They'll turn it around and sell it for no less than $40K. That's a $16K gross profit on top of the profit from the new BMW sale.

Look at BMWUSA CPO search:
http://www.bmwusa.com/BMW2003/Templ...8CD-C435B494AEE9}&NRCACHEHINT=Guest&navid=cpo

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
canysmc said:
How many miles do you have on your M5?

I say the $24K trade in value is way to low for avarge mileage.

They'll turn it around and sell it for no less than $40K. That's a $16K gross profit on top of the profit from the new BMW sale.

Look at BMWUSA CPO search:
http://www.bmwusa.com/BMW2003/Templ...8CD-C435B494AEE9}&NRCACHEHINT=Guest&navid=cpo

74K with extended warranty to 108K. I suspect they'll just ship it to the auction. I don't think they'd put that high mileage, non-cpo car on their lot. Initially I took it as an insult, later, I thought it thru and realized they really can't sit on it so whatever the recent auction $$ are is what they can count on. Painfull. Hate to be doing this in four years and getting 30K offers on my E60. That's the price of driving a great car every day...guess I'll drive my E60 M5 for over a 100K and make sure I get my money's worth. If I didn;t see the E60 as so much better than the E39, I'd hold on the the E39, it's such a well rounded car.

Thanks to all for the advice.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Jessem said:
......I suspect they'll just ship it to the auction. I don't think they'd put that high mileage, non-cpo car on their lot. Initially I took it as an insult, later, I thought it thru and realized they really can't sit on it so whatever the recent auction $$ are is what they can count on......
Still, wheather or not they send it to auction or put it in their inventory, it's not for you to consider. It's about what you are willing to accept on trade in value AND you buying a new BMW M5.

Also, if you sell your M5 for $24k in autotrader.com, ebay.com, etc, consider it sold regardless of your 74K miles. It may be considered a great deal by some. Provided it is a straight car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts