BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no problem spinning my tires. I have tried a few times to give break to see if I can get the fronts to lock up while the rears still spin. Who knows how.

·
Registered
917 Posts

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Very simple, just install a brake hold solenoid to lock up front brakes....it's easy to do and it's a small button on your shifter...

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trol

my first time i tried it with 1 foot on the brake the wheels all locked up. I blew my clutch trying it. Just keep in mind don't try it unless you find out how to do it. you may burn the clutch like I did. It can be done I have seen it being done.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
installation is easy and cheap.....Hurst "line lock" on drag cars forever....

·
Registered
657 Posts
just some info for you when i was down s.c. at performance center one of the things the instructors said is dont hold the brake pedal down so you can spin the wheels ....by doing this it will do damage on your transmision....iam not mechanic just passing on the info .......hope it helps,,

·
Registered
563 Posts
Such activity constitutes abuse. I am not saying "don't do it", I am saying recognize it for what it is. One reason why I never (except the '69 Porsche 911E I had for quite a number of years) have purchased a "pre-owned" car.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Just drive the friggin car and forget it !!!! you want a faster car thats more dependable ???It's all a guess my friend...Buy a Zo6 as another car and have cheap fun, probably more than you or most could handle.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Such activity constitutes abuse. I am not saying "don't do it", I am saying recognize it for what it is. One reason why I never (except the '69 Porsche 911E I had for quite a number of years) have purchased a "pre-owned" car.
It's only abuse when someone else does it to your car. I'm not saying go do it every weekend, but if you never do it to your car, then the only people that have done it are the valets and BMW techs that have driven your car...

·
Registered
563 Posts
Correct, davem3. Valet parking is not an issue here for me but those BMW techs... Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. :) It is interesting to reset your mpg computer just b4 dropping off the car....somethin' is going on!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Here's a link to member topsupra doing a burnout. We're told that he does not have line-loc but rather uses very slight braking to hold the car back.
This must take either skill or a lot of practice:blink:. I think most of us would end up destroying (or at least damaging) the clutch if we attempted this.:grrrrr: (as avry8542 has experienced!)
As Greg says Line lock is the easiest and safest way to go if you want to sit and spin your tires.:lightbulb:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Even more impressive tire smoke can be had by placing several tires in your driveway, throwing on a couple gallons of gasonline followed by a match.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts