BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -as the muffin business hasn't been too bad of late, I was starting to think of trading my B10 3,3 for a B10 V8 S. I know that Sytners have a couple for sale at the moment. Just wandering if anyone had ever driven one or had any views. Are they a lot better than the B10 V8 4.6 ? Is there any difference besides the more powerful engine ? Does anyone know how many RHD examples exist ? All info much appreciated, as ever....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gustav said:
Wow, very nice if you get one. Interesting to see how it goes against the M5 E39.
Yes - I used to have an M5 - loved the speed but found the ride a bit tiresome ( I do a lot of miles ) and the gearchange / clutch a bit bulky and heavy. B10 3.3 is nicer ( in that it is less mean ) but sometimes I find a bit more power would be useful. Haven't tried the switchtronic before so don't know how I'll find that...

·
Registered
339 Posts
wasn't aware that sytner had any V8s's for sale.. which branch? At the moment their website is showing only 1 B10 V8 (non S)

btw the switchtronic is a stunning gearbox - great everyday and yet still good enough to take round a track...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like it has gone - it was a Sytner City Branch in London but is no longer showing.

Oh well....

D4 said:
wasn't aware that sytner had any V8s's for sale.. which branch? At the moment their website is showing only 1 B10 V8 (non S)

btw the switchtronic is a stunning gearbox - great everyday and yet still good enough to take round a track...

·
Banned
664 Posts
I had a drive of one a while ago very nice - not as flat out fast as the M5 but still no slouch. Nick Godfry swears by then - reckons the best ALPINA he has driven.

Obviously it has the same issue as any of the V8 E39s - recirculating ball steering. Suspension is slick like the B10 3.3 even on 19' that were on the car I tested.

It is semi-auto so that was an issue for me (love manuals). But as Nick illustrated it is very fast and can be used to great effect.

I'd certainly give it a try - if another one comes up -

1 - 6 of 6 Posts