BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
My idle RPM is no different than stock. Maybe have ESS adjust your tune. I have decatted headers, no secondary catts, stock H-Pipe (you can find these cheap easily) with RPI Section 3 and it is quiet at idle.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
My idle RPM is no different than stock. Maybe have ESS adjust your tune. I have decatted headers, no secondary catts, stock H-Pipe (you can find these cheap easily) with RPI Section 3 and it is quiet at idle.
Could it be that I haven't driven the car enough to allow it to adapt hence the higher than normal idle? I think I need a resonator somewhere in the system just to take the edge of it

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Mine idled higher before I decatted my headers. Once I decatted my headers ESS sent me another tune and it idled perfect from then on. I also gained alot of power after the different tune. Unfortunately, ESS will not send it to you unless you specifically ask for it.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
No. No matter how many times I asked they will not turn off the cold start. Keep saying the engine needs the extra rpm. BS...the e90s do it. I really need someone to code it out.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
The car has supersprint/evolve headers, race cats, unresonated x pipe and eisenmann race backboxes.
There's your problem. Add the resonator back in.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I think your drone is because of the E Race mufflers.

I agree.

The E race was engineered ( er... sorry ticat) designed to be an aggressive axle back muffler, for a then, fairly new platform.

I seldom disagree with Randy, however, I think in this case a resonated xpipe would sound less harsh, but not kill much of the E race drone do to the sheer volume of header back system.

There are many more options now, I think you can achieve better tonal balance and power throughout the rpm range by keeping your cats, non res x pipe and changing the back boxes.

You will want those cats anyhow, or your show car will stink. The worse the gas, the worse the smell. Esp. at cat heating sequence.

I absolutely love the test pipe header, secondary cat, non resonated x pipe and etronic box setup that Hasan and Imran , and you OP, helped lead me to. But not for M6, I don't think.
Amazingly little drone for amount of sound available.

Maybe in this application, Corsa is the ticket.

My .02

Your M6 is one of my favorites...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Right guys I've been having a little listen to the car. I've figured why I find the exhaust note so bad now, and it's because in the uk we are mostly stuck in traffic and my car idles at 1k which is a very aggressive and loud noise however sometimes the car idles at 850 (I did not have this issue before the charger)

I've pm'd member Acg but has anyone else had weird idle issues with the ess kit?

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
The RPMs will go up even you delete the cold start. I think its the auto choke or something like that.

Here is a video of my car with the cat heat delete.

No. No matter how many times I asked they will not turn off the cold start. Keep saying the engine needs the extra rpm. BS...the e90s do it. I really need someone to code it out.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts