BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So...as the title states, I was driving to work this morning and my M5 went nuts on me! I was cruising at a respectable morning-traffic speed, listening to my radio, when all of a sudden the radio goes silent, the Nav screen goes blank, my a/c controls are all off and none of my electronic controls are working! Before today, the car has performed magnificently without a hitch for alomost the whole year since I've owned it, so I was pretty concerned and surprised.

I was used to electronic gremlins in my previous car (Jeep SRT8), so I figured I'd wait until I got to the office to stop the car, turn it off and back on, which usually fixed everything in the Jeep. After about 5 long & silent minutes, it was getting stuffy so I went to open a window...nope! The power windows were not funtioning either!

I continue on my sweaty way to work and once I got off the highway and stopped at the first red light,the nav reappears, the radio came on, the a/c turned on and my windows were functional again, but I had a million error messages on my gauge cluster. I only had a few blocks and the car seemed to be running fine minus the electronic hiccups, but as soon as I accelerated again, everything turned off again and I got a message that the engine was running at a high temperature and to drive moderately to cool it off, then bring it to my nearest dealer. I made it to my garage at work just fine, but I'm hesitant to drive it home...It's my personal parking spot at work, so I can leave it there without concern and have my wife pick me up from work tonight.

My issue is this: Fortunately, I bought my Zurich warranty from Vishaal on November 5th and it does not go into effect until 30 days after the contract date, so technically I'm covered but I feel that if I bring my car in on Monday it'll look sketchy to the insurance, since it's just over that one month period.

What would you guys do in this situation? It may be something really minor, but if it turns out to be something major I don't want anything to be rejected because of how soon I submit a claim from when I bought the policy.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
if the policy states 30 days, then 30 days it is. The warranty should hold to its word per the policy.

just say it is pure coincidence

·
Registered
789 Posts
IJ - you paid good money for Insurance and with that money comes to right to make a claim. It happens and some times the timing seems a little odd but "IT IS WHAT IT IS". Get a claim in and make sure you take care of it before it is compounded.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised that the computer will record the date of codes/fail.
I do not know this however.
I'd make the claim without delay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts