BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm new here.

I'm thinking about buying a E39 M5. I've seen one I like in Carbon Black and it is a sexy looking car. The advice I'm after is about the interior. Its a caramel coloured leather with walnut trim. Was this a popular option when new, would this cause a problem when I go to sell the car on?

Ideally I would have had one with a black interior but this car is so good I'm very keen. However I don't want to buy it if it was an unpopular colour combo.

Any advice much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I think Carbon black/caramel/walnut looks great. I wouldn't worry about resale value. If you like it and the car checks out OK, buy it! Oh, and welcome!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I loved the caramel interior I looked at. But I did not like the wood trim very much. I guess that's why I ended up with black/aluminum interior.

In short: BUY IT! And post pics too.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
it is already a used car, forget about tomorrow, live for today. If it is as sexy as you say, buy it, drive it, love it.

·
Registered
638 Posts
hi.. i think the black/caramel combo was quite popular, and if anything, a black/black will be much rarer... also wood seems to be more popular in an m5 than one might expect, but that is more to do with the fact it is also an executive car... if you buy, selling on will be easy......

what really affects residuals and desirability is mechanical history, and if you have found a good car, buy it and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Buy what YOU want, worry less about resale. But to answer your question, in this country (USA) it is a common combo and you shouldn't have any problem selling it as long as you keep it looking good.

And you can replace the wood trim with the alum bits if that would make you happy. It's an easy job.

Michael

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Its one of the best colorcombos IMHO. Have the same.
I love the caramel leather interior in my car. Makes it light and nice and not so hot in the summer (yes we have a few months of that even in Sweden).
Buy it if you like it.

Magnus (GP)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Hi and weclome, I would not worry about the interior colour, first of all caramel is a nice colour and the wood is a small detail. Second when you come to sell it (easyer said than done, this car will get under your skin) the person buying it will be more interested in what is under the bonnet, buy it and then don't fight the addiction because it will always win!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the advice guys. I can see a common thread appearing here.

I've got a couple more to look at but I can't see them being any better than this one!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys. I can see a common thread appearing here.

I've got a couple more to look at but I can't see them being any better than this one!
don't miss out on this one then..... good luck with the purchase..

·
Registered
197 Posts
Great looking car. I personally like those light interiors with the wood grain. Sorta adds to the sleeper quality of the car.

"Oh, thats just some executive sedan. Wait a minute.... Where'd he go?!?!?!?!?!"

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Off topic, but I am curious....
What kind of seat is that.
I notice the shapa and the front seat back-piece also different than mine :)

Regardz,

J Irwan
Comfort seats. Inbuilt butt massage and possibility to change the angle of the top part of the backrest (electric of course). Doesn't give the same stability in tight bends but very, very comfortable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts