BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust how far down the passenger's side view mirror tilts down when placed in reverse?

Mine tilts so far down it is useless to me. I have tried to leave the car in reverse and adjust the mirror but once you move the switch to the passenger side the mirror tilts back up again as it was designed to do.

Thanks in advance.

Michael.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: tilting passenger mirror

thanks ryan.

I should have thought to look in the manual myself. Will do so tonight when I get home.

If you find anything I would appreciate the link.

take care.

Michael.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Re: tilting passenger mirror

I get this exact problem and its almost enough not to bother using the function.

I want the mirror trained on the rear wheel when im backing up.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Any answer to this question??? I have the same on 2 bmw's and I hate it.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
AFAIK, the tilt is not adjustable on e39 M5s. Don't know why, but it isn't. It is adjustable on e46 M3s, but only if that option is enabled by the dealer (usually at delivery time; you can ask after the fact, but it will usually cost you, though if still under warranty, you could try telling them that it used to work fine, will you check the programming, etc.).

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
try using one of the other position memory settings for reversing eg if you normally are position one, the significant other may have 2, and set position 3 for reversing mirror position. just a thought....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Out of curiosity, I was wondering what specific component would prevent the tilt feature from working when the car is put into reverse? The reason i ask is that mine has stopped working yet the passenger mirror can be adjusted with the normal up/down/l/r controls. I wish I could get it working again as it was a nice feature to have.

On a similar note, is it at all possible (as a workaround) to have the mirror tilted to the desired angle and then use the 1/2/3 seat settings to store the correct angle of the mirror? Just a thought.

·
Registered
487 Posts
540i6sport said:
Out of curiosity, I was wondering what specific component would prevent the tilt feature from working when the car is put into reverse? The reason i ask is that mine has stopped working yet the passenger mirror can be adjusted with the normal up/down/l/r controls. I wish I could get it working again as it was a nice feature to have.

On a similar note, is it at all possible (as a workaround) to have the mirror tilted to the desired angle and then use the 1/2/3 seat settings to store the correct angle of the mirror? Just a thought.

Switch the mirror adjustment selector to the other mirror and give it another try. One way leaves it off and the other way allows it to tilt when you put the car in reverse.

·
Registered
20 Posts
SACM5 said:
Switch the mirror adjustment selector to the other mirror and give it another try. One way leaves it off and the other way allows it to tilt when you put the car in reverse.
Yes, you are correct. The driver/passenger mirror switch was the first thing I looked at. Not such luck but thanks for making sure I didn't overlook the obvious.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts