BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a used M5, and I'm curious about a few things..

Can you add HUD to a car that didn't come with it?

Also - can you have active side bolstering seats with cooling seats? or is this combination not available?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Search will yield results. However, clearly you have not found the right car is you need to add that many options. Keep looking is my suggestion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So does that mean that this seat combination is not available? I've been told that combo isn't available.

Also - re: the HUD, my thought is if I come across the car for a great deal without HUD, I can add it in for less than the money I'm saving.

PS- I see you ahve the Range SC Sport... I'm looking at the same truck as well. How do you like it?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
So does that mean that this seat combination is not available? I've been told that combo isn't available.

Also - re: the HUD, my thought is if I come across the car for a great deal without HUD, I can add it in for less than the money I'm saving.

PS- I see you ahve the Range SC Sport... I'm looking at the same truck as well. How do you like it?
Sold the RR SC Sport for X5. Warranty was coming to an end and wanted to move on. It was a good truck; but the new ones are a lot nicer (2010+)

HUD is really not an option you can add. Too much work. Dash, windshild, electronics as its hooked into the Idrive. IMO HUD is nice but not a must have. Drove the M5 50+ miles today and don't remember looking at it.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I'm looking at buying a used M5, and I'm curious about a few things..

Can you add HUD to a car that didn't come with it?

Also - can you have active side bolstering seats with cooling seats? or is this combination not available?

Thanks in advance!
Adding HUD would be a huge job for obvious reasons, and also it requires a different kind of windshield so that would add to the complexity/price of this job. Also, yes you can get both active and air conditioning seats, but this is only available if the M5 is equipped with Comfort Seats (as opposed to Multifunction Seats) which have less bolstering by design. Personally I find the Comfort Seats to be far more comfortable despite the decrease in side bolstering, but to each his own.

I would say keep looking for the right M5. There are plenty on the market, so you should not move on one until you find one that really is fit for you.

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Banned
194 Posts
probably talking about 7-9k for this.

·
Registered
54 Posts
HUD is really not an option you can add. Too much work. Dash, windshild, electronics as its hooked into the Idrive. IMO HUD is nice but not a must have. Drove the M5 50+ miles today and don't remember looking at it.
For me, HUD is one of the must-have options. I just wish you could get it on more cars.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My car has all three of those options and I agree, even if not used much, the HUD is a necessity in an M5!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts