BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought - and I hope other do too ;) - that it would be helpful to have a consolidated list of when people are expecting their cars.

For me, I am especially interested in UK dates as I want to see how my dealer is performing against others, but it would be great to see some final dates now that we are getting close :1:

Currently mine is scheduled for August 2 (1st customer car from Sytners in London)

·
Registered
867 Posts
virage1 said:
I thought - and I hope other do too ;) - that it would be helpful to have a consolidated list of when people are expecting their cars.

For me, I am especially interested in UK dates as I want to see how my dealer is performing against others, but it would be great to see some final dates now that we are getting close :1:

Currently mine is scheduled for August 2 (1st customer car from Sytners in London)
Mine is "end July" - first customer car for BMW Chiswick

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
A member of this board gets it the 16th of March... Dont remember his name. He lives in sweden tho =)

·
Registered
646 Posts
John Clark BMW in Aberdeen have the demo coming in April, car no.2 is the 1st customer car coming August, and 3rd and last car for 2005 is due December, they apparently have 14 people waiting on the order list.

My own car is coming from Grassick's BMW Perth and is due mid 2006, was ordered March 2003.

Cheers,
David.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
A number of UK cars are being delivered to owners on May 19th. They will be at the dealers before then but cannot be released sooner as May 19th is the official UK launch date (right Adam?).

I'm getting my car from Belgium. It would have been sooner but since I'm getting some "BMW Individual" options the delivery has been put back until June 24th - I can't wait lovelove

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think that my dad will get his car in the beginning of July

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ashok Arora said:
A number of UK cars are being delivered to owners on May 19th. They will be at the dealers before then but cannot be released sooner as May 19th is the official UK launch date (right Adam?).
Thanks Ashok. The official date is still May 19th as at yesterday anyway...

Are the cars being delivered at launch ones that would have been demos? Or are they actual customer cars with the dealer still having a demo?

·
Registered
78 Posts
My dealer is getting their demo car in May and mine (first Customer car) is a June build and so should arrive sometime in July. If it arrives at the end of July I will not take delivery until September as I am on holiday for three weeks in August.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
May 19th but arrives late april, but am not allowed to register it(which is wholly fair)

(And RHD cars are in the country, just saw one at the GT4 launch party in Sapphire black metallic, and it is gorgeous...)

all the best
adam

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Adam said:
May 19th but arrives late april, but am not allowed to register it(which is wholly fair)

(And RHD cars are in the country, just saw one at the GT4 launch party in Sapphire black metallic, and it is gorgeous...)

all the best
adam
Adam,
Do you at least get to take delivery of the keys so you can LOCK the car on their property to keep them from allowing every Tom, Dick, and Harry from drooling on your new leather? Heaven forbid some smoker sits in your car and stinks it up :mad:

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Thats a very good point Jeff, cheers :cheers:

all the best
adam

·
Registered
867 Posts
Has anyone seen the interior of a rhd yet? If so are the buttons around the gear lever scattered around like in the pics so far or neatly arranged like on the lhd version?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Gus said:
Has anyone seen the interior of a rhd yet? If so are the buttons around the gear lever scattered around like in the pics so far or neatly arranged like on the lhd version?
BMW showed a RHD M5 for the first time in public in Australian Auto Show, and you can find the pictures here.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51680

and for your interest, the buttons are "around the gear lever scattered around like in the pics"
:blink:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the info...looking forward to May 19th - will be interesting to see how many demos actually go to customers...:1:

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dealer emailed me yesterday. My car (no. 2 on their list) will apprently be here in 2006. Most disappointing as he had previously led me to believe it would be here over the summer... However, he will have their demo for sale in September (Silverstone/Silverstone/Alu, full Merino leather, TV, reflective glass, Logic 7, Bluetooth). They will offer it for list (circa GBP71,000). Given it's not that much earlier, I don't fancy the Silvertone leather, and the fact that it will be offered at list (after all those LCs!) I have not yet made my mind up whether to take it. Let me know if anyone is interested, and I can pass on details.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
It's quite funny. Denmark (very high taxes, 180% on cars) only gets 10 M5's total. My dad called BMW a week ago to ask if they had any cars. The bmw guy said he had a car for June 2005(!!!!!), that wasn't sold yet.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts